What's Disney like in January??

jreed2132

Original Poster
My wife and I are planning another trip to Florida for January of 08 and I was wondering what is Disney like that time of year?? Temperature?? Crowds?? Any events?? Anything closed??

I've been there in May and July but never in the Winter. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Lucky

They tend to do more refurbishments of major attractions in January. This last January Splash Mt. was closed for 2-3 weeks, and I think Rock-n-Roller Coaster also. But crowds are very light.

RamyaKitty

I've only ever been to WDW in January... And both times its been wonderful... There are some rides that are closed, like the previous person stated... Splash mountain was closed this last January... but with the crowds so light, and nearly non-existent, I've really enjoyed myself...

I might sound weird, but I find the weather ideal too. ^^; It's a really cool temperature, and you can usually run around with jeans and a hoodie, or a light knit long sleeved shirt. :)

tigsmom

And it can be downright chilly that time of year.
The park hours are shorter (but so are the lines).

We've gone in January a few times just to get out of the snow. :lol:

ToTBellHop

it's not uncommon to find temperatures in the 30s in the early morning, but it warms up nicely into the 60s or low 70s by afternoon. Since you come from Pennsylvania, it should be quite nice...of course, this year, it was in the 60s up here in Connecticut in early January, so who knows?

bgraham34

I went several years ago at the end of the month and it was really slow. It was nice and relaxing. I was wearing jeans during the day.

hdcjenks

January is great!

We've gone a couple of times and had pretty good weather (60's-70's) but it can get cold at night. The only time we ran into crowds was right before the marathon. I would check the dates for when they're running, otherwise it's great. Have fun!

MaryMcMagic

I attended this past January as well and won't go any other time from now on. Crowds are lighter and the parks close earlier, but because of the cooler temps and light crowds you tend to get more done in a day. It allowed us to get a good nights sleep, enjoy ourselves more without that feeling of missing out on something had the parks been open later. That being said, there were still a few nights with EMH's where MK was open until 11pm. The e-tix rides were walk ons!!! How FABU! Splash Mountain opened back up our last day in the parks and how the kids loved that! There is always something under rehab no matter what time of year you attend so you have to just set a time and go for it!!! Personally, my vote will always be for January! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom