What's Concierge Level Like Lately?

stonehill1968

Three years ago we did concierge / club level at Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Liked it, but thought offerings at Beach were a tad thin for the upgraded cost. With so many WDW corners being cut lately, and looking at another trip in the next year, we were wondering about anyone's newer experiences with concierge-level stays. Still worth it? Still getting the same level of extras and personalized service? I've read that concierge services can vary among resorts; we're looking at Beach and AKL again.

KeithVH

Some fairly recent reviews on Deb's site here. Short story, save money and just do a regular room. Spend the money elsewhere, maybe even DDP.

UNLESS you can go with the Poly. Then I'd say go for it.

Upvote 0

lives4disney

We've been staying club level at Disney resorts for the past 15 yrs now. From my point of view and from concierge CMs I have talked with recently...it is most definitely not the same. :rolleyes: Even they are feeling the pinch of the cutbacks and embarrassed by them.

Just found out at the GRand Floridian, Royal Palm Club they took away the Bailies in the evening...and no more Coronas. :( Small stuff, but they are whittling away at the offerings little by little. Management is supposed to work magic and save money no matter the cost to guests. Same with the food....I was there in April and it had a definite skimpy look to it compared to previous stays we've had.

WE stayed YC CL last summer. It was OK, but they didn't have the variety they had in years past. Same with GF RPC and SL and even - sorry to say it, the Poly. If you've been a long time concierge repeat guest you will be disappointed in the changes.

I don't bother with Disney concierge anymore. I agree...save your money and book a room with a view. CL at Disney is not worth the money at all....the perks are down also. IPO doesn't do as much for guests as in the past. It's just a big sad cheap out - the cost has gone sky high and the services have tanked. We used to LOVE concierge at WDW.:(

Lives4Disney

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Three years ago we did concierge / club level at Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Liked it, but thought offerings at Beach were a tad thin for the upgraded cost. With so many WDW corners being cut lately, and looking at another trip in the next year, we were wondering about anyone's newer experiences with concierge-level stays. Still worth it? Still getting the same level of extras and personalized service? I've read that concierge services can vary among resorts; we're looking at Beach and AKL again.

We've just come back (a month ago) from the GF Concierge Level. It was almost the same as the Yacht Club Concierge Level that we had the year before. Bfast is a spread of coffee, juice, fruit, danishes, toast, bagels, water, sodas. No "warm" breakfast food. Snacks were the same with chips, cookies, cupcakes, Uncrustables, soda, etc. Appitizer/wine time was the same with two different warm app options and a varity of cold apps. wine, beer, champagne, soda and coffee available. the Dessert/Cordial time - the same - with a spead of desserts and liquer. The biggest difference is at GF - they did tea time as well with decadant warm scones, teas, lemonades, etc.

As for the "perks" - turn down service the same - the same discount for the early safari - and the concerige service was able to get us some last minute ADR's when we changed our mind at the last minute.

Just a note - we got bumped up for both of these conceirge experiences. we did not pay for them. My DH and I are busy in the parks and love the DDP and this last time, paid for the Deluxe Dining Plan - so we have not been able to justify the cost to pay extra for concerige level - unless we were just at the resort and skipped the dining plan. :wave:

Upvote 0

sleepybear

Since we're actually celebrating something during the What Will You Celebrate promotion, the boyfriend and I decided to splurge and stay 12th Floor concierge at Contemporary for the last two nights of our trip in October. It will be our first concierge experience and I'm curious about whether we'll like it (or even really use it). But from what I've been reading on here, I have a feeling it might not be worth the money. (The MK view, however, will be.)

Upvote 0

BrerPete

Did WL in 07. Enjoyed it. Doing it again this summer, but not impressed so far. Not really so concernced about the snacks and such, but I was hoping more for the ability to get ADR's and things. So far every ADR I asked them to get me, I could have got myself (was looking on the ADR's online before I requested). The ADR's I couldn't get, Concierge was unable to get. What's that about? Not even, I will get back to you and try something, but just, sold out and unavailable.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom