What's changed?

Marc Levin

Original Poster
Hi everybody!

Was in WDW 2 years ago (April 2017) and going again for a week this summer (early August ... yes I know I'm crazy to go during the summer heat!).

I haven't particularly been following anything to do with the parks since our last trip, so was just wondering if anybody knew what changes I can look forward to experiencing since my last visit?

Last edited:

ToyStoryMiss

Hi everybody!

Was in WDW 2 years ago (April 2017) and going again for a week this summer (early August ... yes I know I'm crazy to go during the summer heat!).

I haven't particularly been following anything to do with the parks since our last trip, so was just wondering if anybody knew what changes I can look forward to experiencing since my last visit?
I hope you have a great trip!
-You’ll be able to see two of the new lands (Pandora and Toy Story Land; definitely try to get a FP+ for Flight of Passage, it’s amazing!) -the Lightning McQueen Racing Academy is open at HS
-and also at HS is the new Metroville area from the Incredibles (where Pixar Place formerly was)
-an updated Pirates and new paint schemes in Tomorrowland in MK, plus a lot of Mickey’s 90th celebration offerings (redone Move It, Shake It parade)
-no more Great Movie Ride
-Universe of Energy is closed at Epcot, and it’s now being turned into a Guardians coaster (the show building is massive!)
-also, you might be able to see/eat at the new restaurant in the Japan pavilion, if it’s open by then
-the Skyliner system most likely won’t be open but you’ll be able to see it!
-Coronado Springs has a new building (massive)
-the Riviera resort is near completion
-a new Coco show in the Mexico pavilion, performed by the mariachi band
-new version of Rivers of Light at AK, plus new dance parties featuring Disney characters (also, Kevin from Up is a walk-around now)
-lotssss of construction at the park entrances (DHS just got a new tram/bus stop area, the Leave a Legacy monoliths and the commemorative bricks are being demolished)
and I think that’s about it, from what I can remember! I may have missed out on a few things, but a lot has happened since then. You’re gonna have a great time!
(Oh! There’s also a ban on single-use plastics, such as straws and plastic bags. they’re offering paper straws and reusable bags now. There is also a ban on smoking now; no smoking inside the parks whatsoever. You’ll have to go to the designated area outside the parks now.)

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
If you want to ride FoP, be at the gates 30+ minutes before park opening. The ride is NOT worth a 3 hour wait. I'd maybe wait 1 hour... hour and a half tops. But if you get there early enough, you'll be on in 10 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom