Whats an eride night ?

Robin Hood

Original Poster
And how does it work ? I will be in Orlando 9th for two weeks and I notice there is an eride night. What is it and how do you get on it ? Really looking forward to coming back after two years absence. Hopefully better weather than Sherwood Forest ! (Rain/wind)

NowInc

E-ride nights are basically nights were they open the park LATE..l its cheaper to get in, and you get to frollic around to the wee hours of the morning ;)

Carl

Additional Information

It is only at Magic Kingdom.
You have to be staying at an on site resort.
You must pay a fee in addition to whatever admission media you may already have. The fee is around $15.
You get to go in AFTER the park closes for the day at it's regular time.
You purchase the tickets at your resort.
There are only a limited number of tickets sold.
Only certain rides are open. The name "E ticket" indicates that the rides which will be open are the main rides, like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, etc.

Maria

Please don´t hit me friends, but I think that unless you were going for a short period of time and during high season, Eride nights are not worth paying for.

Since "Robin Hood" is going to be there for two weeks and february is not that crowded, I think he has plenty of time to get on rides as many times as he wants to, without having to wait until late and pay an extra fee.

My two cents... :)

ToTBellHop

actually, his second week there is Presidents Week, which is exceedingly crowded. I'm going to both of those e-ride nights...I believe these will be open then
1) Splash Mountain
2) Big Thunder Mountain
3) Country Bear Jamboree
4) Haunted Mansion
5) Space Mountain
6) Buzz Lightyear
7) Alien Encounter
8) Astro Orbiter
9) what am I missing...I know there are nine...all from Frontierland, Liberty Square, and Tomorrowland...hmmm

ToTBellHop

oh...they have TTA open now. Only one true "restaurant" stays open--Pecos Bill Cafe, but a few bakeries and other snack places also stay open (like The Lunching Pad). Three stores remain open (Splash Down Photos, The Merchant of Venus, the Emporium) and the disney characters hang out in front of Cinderella Castle (Fantasyland is completely closed, so you must travel through here to get to Liberty Square/Frontierland). The cost is $12 for adults and $10 for kids. I love e-ride nights...

Pioneer Hall

E-ride nights are great...so much fun. When I was there in August they had 11 attractions open. The one's that are open regularly plus aladdin and pirates. We got lucky...and it was also empty. We did space mountain about 6 times in 30 minutes.

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Sorry Grizzly, but during the last E-Ride night I was there (Jan 4 or 5 I believe), they replaced CBJ with the Timekeeper.

CalDisney

They Had a E-Night out here in Calif about 2 years ago
The rides that were open were:
Rocket Rods
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Carribbean
Matterhorne
Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Space Mountain
and The Submarines (Which are Gone now)

Bdis86

Account Suspended
The Rocket Rods are gone now too! But what really gets me down is that I was there twice during their operational period, and they were down for testing the first time, and down for rehab the second time. I never got to go on them. :cry:

TURKEY

Are the Rocket Rods kind of like the Astro Orbiter? I've only been to DL once and that was about 6-8 years ago.

I can't remember the exact date, but I asked a CM when the show would be changing back. They said sometime in early January, but can't remember the day. It may have been down then. ????????????

Demon Snow Dog

Can someone clarify the process to get a ticket for an E-ride night? I thought one had to purchase their ticket at MK's Guest Relations the date of an E-ride night...

Bdis86

Account Suspended
The Rocket Rods were open air vehicles that moved around the old peoplemover track in less then 2 min... instead of 15. The ride was the fastest ride in the park. But due to excessive wear and tare, the ride had to be closed. BTW, what show were you talking about Turkey Leg Boy?

For E-Ride Nights, you buy a ticket at your resort. Then when you get to the park, you exchange it for a wrist band at Guest Relations, Splash Down Photo, or The Tomorrowland Light & Power Co.

ToTBellHop

no no no no no...you buy them at your hotel at Guest Relations/Information. You can only get them at a Resort Hotel. Buy them no later than the morning of the e-ride night, but you can buy them a couple days prior. After paying your $12, they will give you a pass. Before the Magic Kingdom closes the day of the e-ride night (and after four pm) exchange your pass for a wristband. Do not wait until the park is about to close, you will be in a big line. You can exchange it at I think Splash Down Photos or at the entrance to Main Street (and perhaps one more place...I always go to the Main Street exchange location. When the park closes, everyone else leaves, and those with bands are allowed to roam the lands open and sometimes they check for bands on the rides--not always...sometime through the course of the evening someone should. By the way, if you go on Splash Mountain at about 10:30, you get roughly twice as wet. Many of the logs are out of the water, so the water levels are higher. Our log actually went UNDER the water on the last drop...it was hilarious:) We got soooooooooo wet...and we just kept going around b/c no one was in line...I think we rode 3 times w/o getting wet. Then, drenched, we went to the Haunted Mansion w/ it's A/C...that was a cold ride...:)

TURKEY

CBJ cast member said it was going back to regular show sometime in early Jan. Thought that may be the reason it wasn't open for Eride night.

Robin Hood

Original Poster
Thank you for the replies about eride nights. As I will not be staying in a Disney resort then it lookas as thought I won't be going anyway. I have read other posts suggesting that my second week will be busy. Which parks would you suggest to visit in the first week to get them out of the way, including IOA, MGM, Sea World etc etc ?

General Grizz

Well,TimeKeeper AND CBJ were originally BOTH E-Ride nights, but yes, CBJ was closed for about a week to bring back the ORIGINAL show...it is currently playing!

And I would assume, back on the attraction list... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom