Whatever happened to River Country?

Red devil

Original Poster
I was just wondering whatever happened to River Country? I know it's now closed but I was just wondering if anyone knew why it was closed or if they ever plan on re-opening it, or if not what they plan on doing with the space?

kasey1988

I think it had dropping attendance, especially with the two newer waterparks on property, i also heard there were high levels of bacteria in the water.
As of right now i dont think there is anyplans of reopening it.
If you go on google earth you can get some good shots of rivercountry to see how much its grown over.. Theres also a thread on here with some pictures of a closed river country that someone sneaked in and got!

FLDISFAN

Numerous threads on it.

Short story. Since it uses Lake water and there is an orgnasim in Florida lakes that CAN (Not always) cause death when lakes reach a certain Tempature the park was closed.

It is in a DEPLORABLE state and no current plans in place I believe to fix it.

Ive always hoped they would seal it off from the lake, clean it up and turn it into Ft Wilderness Pool area. But with the current plans to refurb Meadow's pool I doubt that will ever happen.

Red devil

Original Poster
I checked out some of the previous threads after I posted this question and saw some of the pictures. RC is certainly run down. It seems kind of wierd to me that Disney would just let it decay and become overgrown, If they have no plans to reopen it I would think they would dismantle it, even if only to make it empty green space.
Thanks for the replies.

WDWFigment

Disney letting RC deteriorate in plain view disturbs me a little.

I've seen pictures of it in it's "current" state (I actually believe they're as old as 2005--anyone have current pictures? Or better yet, a link to a Google Earth view?), and it's really quite sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom