Whatever Happened To MYST island?

Its not that there are no plans for the Island it is more that there is no budget for the island. Trust me there are plans upon plans upons plans to build more money vaccums there but the clean up, construction, and reinforcement of the island are too cost heavy for the current management. (Construction on an island in a lake is VERY expensive) Imagineers and Planners make regular trips to the island with the video and digital cameras.

Bill

Account Suspended
Just in case you're wondering, the MYST Island idea was indeed real. And I have evidence of it. :) Not much, but a key link between MYST and Disney. Disney actually published the book, MYST. It was published by Hyperion a while ago, and I have a copy. (Hyperion is Disney owned) Oddly enough, I never read the book. But there's no doubt that Disney and MYST were in on something. ;)

http://games-for-sale.com/item/0786881887/

However, more books were released, and they are no longer published by Disney. Darn.:brick:

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
That was a huge part of Walt choosing the area where WDW is. He loved the island...it's size, location, and the fact that he could do so much with it. That was one of the final factors for Walt choosing that location.

Wasn't that body of water man made for the WDW resort to connect the resorts, or just to have a "Seven Seas Lagoon"? I thought it was man made, and never existed before that.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by HM999thGhost
Wasn't that body of water man made for the WDW resort to connect the resorts, or just to have a "Seven Seas Lagoon"? I thought it was man made, and never existed before that.

The Lake was around before WDW...The Seven Seas Lagoon is the man made portion. The island is in Bay Lake.

OliveMcFly

In the pic below of DI you can see all sorts of paths. Are they still there? I know some people have said they go past the island on the little boats. What is still left?

Attachments

• island (4).jpg
    island (4).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 97

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyGrl85
In the pic below of DI you can see all sorts of paths. Are they still there? I know some people have said they go past the island on the little boats. What is still left?

The island, itself, is shrouded by weeds, shrubbery, and other plantlife. The pier is no longer there. There are bouys that mark the shallow water levels near the island. Don't get too close to the island or the Mickey Coast Guard will tell you to get further away from the island.

Poncho1973

Last time I was out there (well after it closed) it was soooo full of bird doodie it was nearly impossible to walk on and it smelled horrible.

jmarc63

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
There was a thread in this forum about a possible "MYST" island? This used to be the old "Discovery Island" -- what plans, if any, has Disney decided to do with that area? I've been by it on the "watermice" you can rent out from the resorts (Contemporary, Poly, GF). Also, what did Disney do with the birds that were on the island when "Discovery Island" was open?

Hmmm.. maybe Disney can come up with "Paintball Island" (Contemporary Resort Guests vs. Polynesian Resort Guests) ;) LOL

:D :D :lol:

Personally I think it was all hype. The rumor about MYST came out with a bunch of other rumors about expanding the Monorail just as we were hearing about MS and the permante demise of Horizons

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom