What yahoo is handling Disney's social media?

denyuntilcaught

I mean let's face it, the person creating this post and selling it through to their leads (mind you, as part of a larger editorial calendar) is likely at Disney - or Disney's social agency if not handled in house - for a job. They're not us. They aren't obsessed over details such as this, something that may seem "obvious" but has little impact on the general public.

This is not a defense. It shouldn't be this way. But it is. I wouldn't call them a yahoo though lol, mistakes happen.

Eric Graham

I mean let's face it, the person creating this post and selling it through to their leads (mind you, as part of a larger editorial calendar) is likely at Disney - or Disney's social agency if not handled in house - for a job. They're not us. They aren't obsessed over details such as this, something that may seem "obvious" but has little impact on the general public.

This is not a defense. It shouldn't be this way. But it is. I wouldn't call them a yahoo though lol, mistakes happen.
Sorry, wasn't reading correctly... thought they were going to use Yahoo :p

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
And how much do they pay them?
This is just embarrassing. (Screenshot from my own phone, just now.)

View attachment 769854
no sense GIF

JIMINYCR

Obsessed over details? The job they are undertaking should be one that insists they get details right. This "minor" detail certainly wouldnt be overlooked by Walt in his day. For those that hold Disney to task for so many other things should hold Disney responsible for such an idiotic blunder as this. Mistaking such a detail confusing Cinderella with Sleeping Beauty shows that someone doesnt know much about the Disney stories ( major ones at that) and being in that position certainly should. Mistakes such as that should have been caught long before posting. What other blunders can we expect?
Walt would be furious that someone didnt know their job or that someone hadnt caught the simple mistake and corrected it.

denyuntilcaught

then “they” are immediately disqualified.
Incompetence should have a severe consequence: termination at once with non eligible future rehire status.
It's a social media post, I suggest we step back from the dramatics. I'm going to make the assumption that you've never made a mistake at work?

denyuntilcaught

Obsessed over details? The job they are undertaking should be one that insists they get details right. This "minor" detail certainly wouldnt be overlooked by Walt in his day. For those that hold Disney to task for so many other things should hold Disney responsible for such an idiotic blunder as this. Mistaking such a detail confusing Cinderella with Sleeping Beauty shows that someone doesnt know much about the Disney stories ( major ones at that) and being in that position certainly should. Mistakes such as that should have been caught long before posting. What other blunders can we expect?
Walt would be furious that someone didnt know their job or that someone hadnt caught the simple mistake and corrected it.
Candidly I don't think Walt would have known what to do with social media.

Again, I agree with the consensus that the post should at least be edited and that the mistake shouldn't have happened, but as someone who has worked on that side of marketing, calling for their termination is outright ridiculous.

Advisable Joseph

A lot of companies/influencers post purposefully incorrect things to drive traffic. My guess is that’s what’s happening here.
I think the image in the post was a screenshot from Sleeping Beauty, making it unlikely to be a mistake. Someone had to go to the movie not named Cinderella get the image!

Now sometimes Cinderella does show up in her pink dress: Amazon product ASIN B08C2T8CGK
amazon.com/Enesco-Showcase-Cinderella-Figurine-Multicolor/dp/B08C2T8CGK

So my guess is:
Disney wanted to reference the 2023 remaster of Cinderella
Disney asked for something using both dresses, which dress do you prefer?
Someone thought, pink dress/blue dress? Like that one scene from Sleeping Beauty ... why not just use that one scene to reference the fighting over dress colors? That is, not pretending that it is from Cinderella.

Oh, and I admit, the mice altered the old dress, instead of starting from scratch.

MarvelCharacterNerd

If you want to actually lose IQ points, check out the Disney Studio Store Hollywood's social media. It sounds like it's written by an 80 year old pretending to be 12. I am absolutely quantifiably stupider every time I read that crap.

BESTIES! Because I love you so much I'm sneaking around behind my boss's back to show you what's in the back room!!!!

PSSSSSTTT! Don't tell anybody but we just got all of these in store!!!!

Just because I want to - NEW STUFF FOR SALE RIGHT NOW!!!!! Hurry!

:banghead:

JIMINYCR

Candidly I don't think Walt would have known what to do with social media.

Again, I agree with the consensus that the post should at least be edited and that the mistake shouldn't have happened, but as someone who has worked on that side of marketing, calling for their termination is outright ridiculous.
I didnt call for termination.
And Walt was always trying new and different ideas out to perfect his stories and how they were presented to the masses. It helped keep him and his studio ahead of the other animation studios. Competition was fierce even back then. Yes I have no doubt Walt would know how to utilize social media. Maybe he wouldnt have been the one to do it personally but he certainly would have assigned a crew to it and he would have overseen its uses as he was always a very micro managing boss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom