What would you want from a Fifth Park?

Tip Top Club

Original Poster
So there's always speculation about what's coming next and what-not, and honestly I was thinking. What would I want from a fifth park at WDW. And I had no idea.

I would never have thought of Animal Kingdom, but that is now my favorite WDW park, so would you want something like that? Something that highly themed means that you have a completly immersive story...but it also means that it's really hard to stray from that story, to the point where Camp Minnie-Mickey and Chester and Hester areas are shunned compared to the rest of the highly themed and detailed park. Whereas at EPCOT they can havea myriad of differently themed attractions because there are so many environments, same with MK.

With DHS since Disney is such a wide brand they can continue to use properties from their various companies as well as outside companies (Idol for example) to expand their Show-Biz Brand, which is more then just movies. As we've seen rides like Rock n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, and Muppet Vision all fit very well in the park, all fit under the central theme of "Show Biz" but are all very different...Whereas at Animal kingdom, how much can they really come up with regarding animals? I mean, The Obvious answers are that there is so much more then can explore with Beastly Kingdomme Type attractions, as well as the Autrailian Outback, or the Rainforests of Brazil...And then what? That park has such a tight story that it would be hard to squeeze in attractions that don't 100% fit in with the theme.

Or Would you like to see a niche park, the long-rumored and now probably dead due to the economy Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek doohicky.

People also like to talk about a higher-thrill Villains theme park (Something that would make a better land then a park). But it's out there.

I honestly couldn't come up with anything, so I'm wondering, If and When WDW decides to build a fifth park, or if DLR decides to build a third park, what would you like to see in those parks? What themes would you want to see, what stories would you want to see told?

Cause I'm at a creative loss.

sunnyeclipse

personally,Disney has the money for a 5th park.I would want the 5th park to have classic rides based on classic movies like Robin Hood give the attraction like a sherwood forerst look.basically every classic disney movie ever made starting with steamboat willie up.the park would have more outlook then ever:)

Belle_13

I would be all for the Villians Park; I'm a huge fan of the villians, and just a fully immersive park full of them sounds amazing.

personally,Disney has the money for a 5th park.I would want the 5th park to have classic rides based on classic movies like Robin Hood give the attraction like a sherwood forerst look.basically every classic disney movie ever made starting with steamboat willie up.the park would have more outlook then ever:)

This idea, though, sounds pretty darn cool! A lot of the original Disney movies don't get nearly enough attention, and a park based on the older films sounds pretty awesome.

romanarms

the way i see it, each park presents something amazing in this world that no matter what, will always be interesting:

MK: Fantasy
EPCOT: science and natural wonders
AK: nature and animals
DHS: movies

now... there si one thing not being touched yet... it is Mythology.

Yes, i will like the fifth park (if there will be such) to be a mythological park... just think of the possibilities: Rome,Greece,China,India,Egypt,the Arab states,Medieval,Transylvania,Pirate tales,Conquistadors... and i'm just getting started.

Figment632

I would not want a 5th park it is already hard enough to get everything done. I wish they would just continue to plus the existing parks!

yeti

the way i see it, each park presents something amazing in this world that no matter what, will always be interesting:

MK: Fantasy
EPCOT: science and natural wonders
AK: nature and animals
DHS: movies

now... there si one thing not being touched yet... it is Mythology.

Yes, i will like the fifth park (if there will be such) to be a mythological park... just think of the possibilities: Rome,Greece,China,India,Egypt,the Arab states,Medieval,Transylvania,Pirate tales,Conquistadors... and i'm just getting started.

Even taking to mind how Animal Kingdom is beginning to incorporate a mythical creatures theme into the park already, I think these ideas seem perfect for a 5th gate. Another idea that came to my mind is a North American version of Tokyo Disney Sea, but considering JttCooE, the park's visual icon, is supposedly on its way here, its hard to say...

Honestly, Disney World could not be more perfect than it already is. To some extent.

MKeeler

I start from the position that Walt got it right when making Disneyland. He hit on the four main themes that really resonate with guests and can be effectively demonstrated in a theme park: yesterday, tomorrow, fantasy, and adventure. Any other ideas can be expressed in those terms, if done appropriately. And, importantly here, all of Disney's second and third (and fourth) gates can be expressed as an extension (or combination) of one of these themes. EPCOT is tomorrow with splashes of a real life global adventure. Animal Kingdom is adventure, with splashes of fantasy. California Adventure even can be viewed as an extension of the past (or at least will be when its finished).

If you look then at Walt Disney World, my main argument for a fifth theme park is to complete the set. The deciding factor on theme is how you view Disney's Hollywood Studios. It could either be the past (the nostalgia of a Hollywood past) or fantasy (the magic of movie making - the unfortunate hat leans in this direction).

If the past is open, to me the fifth park should be Disney's America. I would even love to see a combination of Disney's America and DisneySea where we travel across the country by various ports and rivers (New York City and Ellis Island, New Orleans Square, Riverboat Square, San Antonio Riverwalk, etc.).

If fantasy is open, then Disney's Toyland. Think combinations of Toy Story, storybooks and Babes in Toyland.

KP25701

We ether do Port Disney from StichCasel.Or my own idea called=DISNEY CHANNEL LAND=or DCL for short.It would have these disney channel shows.Kim Possible,Hannah Montnah,The Suit Life Of Zack And Cody,The Suit Life On Deck,Sonney With A Chance,Phineas And Ferb,House Of Mouse,Lilo and Stich The Series,High School Musical1,2,and3

JEANYLASER

We ether do Port Disney from StichCasel.Or my own idea called=DISNEY CHANNEL LAND=or DCL for short.It would have these disney channel shows.Kim Possible,Hannah Montnah,The Suit Life Of Zack And Cody,The Suit Life On Deck,Sonny With A Chance,Phineas And Ferb,House Of Mouse,Lilo and Stich The Series,High School Musical1,2,and3
That is awesome idea too! My idea to bring the Rescue Rangers in Disney Channel land!

Tip Top Club

Original Poster
The Problem with Any Disney Channel Themes in the park is that they are mostly very forgettable, and pass quickly. If they had built Lizzie McGuire attractions when that was popular, it would most likely be dead now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom