What would you rather see at Hollywood Studios?

What would you rather see hapen at DHS?

• Removal of the Sorcerers Hat

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Overhaul of HS w/ 3-4 new attractions

Votes: 92 93.9%

• Total voters

skimbob

Someone told me that the hat has to stay because the theater would cause problems if it were the focal point at the end of the street. People would be taking photos in front of it like they do the focal points of the other parks. I don't know if this is true or not but it would make sense. I personally think the hat is in bad form when it comes to the show. The theater fits in so much better.

Boardwalker

Losing the hat doesn't even compare to 3-4 new rides. I would wear the sorcerers hat all day for a RSR. Or just put a couple of smaller rides in, not necessarily All E tickets. How about I Star Wars/ Pixar E ticket, and three smaller rides scattered throughout the park. Oh and a talking lightning McQueen.

WDWoptmist

I absolutely hate that BAH but 3-4 new attractions is not even a comparable thing to argue...removing the hat would give us a great view and bring back some old Hollywood charm but a 3-4 new attractions is growing the park by 50% how can we compare the impact of the two lol so obviously I voted 3-4 new attractions

bethymouse

I just feel DHS needs something! That seems to be the majority of Disney fans! The park is one that we "skip" if need be. Also AK( looking forward to Avatarland hopefully with a few good rides), but that's only because EPCOT has 2 of our favorite rides - TT and Soarin and MK has the most choice for real rides, not just boats or simulators. So... we'll be spending even more time at MK when the Mine Train opens!:facepalm:
Carsland, Star Wars Land, Monsters Inc. Land ( coaster) ( expanded Pixar Place with more rides!). Whatever. Disney- please bring it on!:inlove:

DanStat

Park icon aside, my family and I spent more time in DHS last visit and really enjoyed it. The Citizens of Hollywood were outstanding and Tower of Terror is one of my favorites. However, I can't help but feel like the park is thematically inconsistent and has become a dumping ground for anything franchise based. Not that franchise based theming is bad, however, if that's the theme, own it. There needs to be a people-eater style attraction and nighttime entertainment that's accessible to all. Give the park a little TLC.

copcarguyp71

I am not clear on what overhaul means....but I voted for the hat simply because it would show commitment to the current state of the parks and not jingling yet another shiny object (new rides) in front of us that will be in the same condition as the rest of the park in 10 years time. Removal of the hat would show commitment to revitalization and internalization of existing venues and rides. If overhaul means updating everything else throughout the parks AND 3-4 new rides then I gotta go with that but truly not seeing the Chinese Theater really does detract from the essence of the park for me too.

steamboatjosh

Radiator Springs Racers in place of "Lights, Motors, Action!". The Incredibles dark ride put into the empty sound stage in Pixar Place. Echo Lake turned into Star Wars Land or LucasLand. Move the hat over to Fantasmic as the entrance.

Walla, a bunch of people get what they want and Disney make more $ for the $ they spent.

LaughingGravy

DHS lacks a flow and is a huge mix of identities as what it needs solved most.
It's like Dinoland being stuck in AK...what?why? and even then, there is the need to explain with an out of place story.
I think DHS needs a proper identity and flow more than anything. Heck, even Disney's California Adventure has a more reasonable flow.
The MK and Epcot both have flows to them. The hub and spoke design is the best. One of the disadvantages of Epcot World showcase is how long it takes to go from say, The American Adventure to Future World anything.
Say Mexico to Canada...that's ridiculous. The big body of water is very nice to look at, but it's simply too big an obstacle to get around.

wdwfan4ver

DHS to me was a flawed park even back when I first there in 1991. Getting a rid of Sorcerers Hat would help, but that isn't the biggest issue for the park. The biggest issues is layout, theme, and lack of rides.

DHS was rushed for a grand opening in May 1989 with not a lot of attractions back when it opened as Disney MGM Studios. The Park to me didn't have a lot of thought in terms of amount land needed in 1989 for expansions since it was Working Studios/theme park.

The hat doesn't really bother me, it would prob be better somewhere else (maybe as an entrance to Fantasmic?). I would like to see an exhibit about costumes. That part of the Studios Backlot Tour has always fascinated me and you can't really see much on the tour. The exhibit at the end is awesome but I'd like to see an exhibit dedicated to the creation of them - more design posters and such.
I preferred the tour when "Residential Street" was there, there is too little to see on the tram tour without it. I thought it needed adding to, not part of the tour taken away. Without that the only reason for the tram is to take you to Catastrophe Canyon, the rest of it could be walk round.

Mrs.Toad

Just posted this in another thread, but if fits here too:

What I don't get, to get off topic a bit and address DHS (park planning and its execution), is what the heck happened to DHS after Tower of Terror? They were on the right track. Same thing with MK and Splash in a way. Both attractions are perfect. They have it all. They enhance the "Land" or area they are in. They give props and pride to the park they are in. And I think after they opened that they are going to go in this very right direction and then they don't.

So they correctly ascertain that they need a strong anchor to support the old Hollywood theme of the park. They design a ride that is just beautiful and unique from the moment you set eyes on it, a scenic queue that is heavily themed, to the entrance, conception of the actual ride, and the exit. The ride is thrilling, the movie clips, cast member costumes, merchandise; just perfect.

Why not keep going now? Also, on Sunset Boulevard, NY area, etc. how many useless facades are there? I know parks needs some, but DHS has way too many that could be utilized better I would think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom