What would you do?

MissViv

Original Poster
I know I have posted numerous times about our upcoming trip to WDW.

It is me, my daughter and two adult grandsons. We have jumped from Pop to Bay Lake/AK Villas.

I am paying for most of this trip (if not all) and now the Visa Disney Card/free dining plan came out. I can save a bundle of $$$ by changing our dates and choosing:

Old Key West 2 BR Villa 8/02-8/07 - $6.286.04 includes 6 day park hopper & dining plan

Wilderness Cabins 8/25-8/30 - $4,426.03 includes 6 day park hopper & dining plan

We can still go to MNSSHP if we choose Wilderness Cabins and they let us exchange the tickets for another date. I have already bought 4 for Halloween Night.

I am leaning towards Wilderness Cabins because it is almost like getting your room for free. The dining plan & park hopper tickets would be almost the total price, if purchasing them.

What would you do? I could sleep on the fold out couch and my daughter and grandsons could have the queen bed and bunks.

I know it is HOT HOT HOT in August vs late October BUT again...….. $$$$ saved.

epcotisbest

Many people go in summer because it is the only time their schedule allows. Others report they enjoy the summer heat and humidity and don't mind the daily afternoon thunderstorms.
We used to go in early September, which has about the same weather as late August, but we have quit doing that, just too hot for us. Late October is much better weather, which, for us plays a major factor in trip planning.
If budget is a deciding factor for the trip, there are ways to deal with the heat, rain and crowds. Good luck whatever you decide.

MissViv

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply. Yes the budget does make a BIG difference. I am really leaning towards the Wilderness Cabins. I have never stayed there and it does look nice. My daughter wants to have some groceries delivered but with the free dining plan, we won't need a lot.

JusticeDisney

I’ve never minded the summer. Sure, it’s hot, but if you plan accordingly (ie, hit the parks early in the morning and/or later in the evening, and enjoy resort and pool time in the afternoon) it won’t really be a problem. Personally, I would never let the summer weather stop me from taking a trip to WDW. Just my $.02 anyway!

Whatever you decide, I hope you have the best trip ever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom