What would you do???

Todd L

Hello everyone......

Drama on the homefront.

We have allowed Our College aged Daughter to bring her Boyfriend to Wdw with us in the past and they had planned on him joining us this year as well.....Well after two plus year the relationship has ended .
Shes doing okay with the whole thing and decided that she didnt want to spend the remainder of her college years in a relationship. I say Good for her. Smart kid.

The problem is this.

We booked a Villa big enough to accommodate the 5th person . We borrowed from next years points to do it .
We didnt mind because we may be Going somewhere else for Vacation next year so why not use the points now and enjoy it.

So...Now that we have extra space Do we Invite another person to join in on the trip?? We have a Ton of nephews and nieces that would love to go!!
(nobody under the age of 18 for our own sanity.)

Or do we just use the bigger room for the 4 of us and enjoy the extra space??

My wife thought that MAYBE we should check to see if theres a studio available and save the points ..could possibly make use of them next year!!!!

That option may also make us move to another resort and We REALLY want to stay at AKV this trip!!

Let me know what you think ...What would you do??

Spikerdink

You know your family better than we do... is there a niece or nephew who could really use a dose of Disney magic? Would asking (choosing) one create a schism family wide when others were not asked?

If it were me, I would ask another relative, but I am already an outcast in the family, so my position can't be affected if I chose one person over another!

Upvote 0

Todd L

Original Poster
You know your family better than we do... is there a niece or nephew who could really use a dose of Disney magic? Would asking (choosing) one create a schism family wide when others were not asked?

If it were me, I would ask another relative, but I am already an outcast in the family, so my position can't be affected if I chose one person over another!

I know your pain man!!

Upvote 0

DJMoore2011

I would just stay where you are and enjoy the extra room. There are only 3 of us in our family but we got a Villa the one time we stayed and loved having the room.

I do agree with talking it out with your family or seeing if your daughter would like to bring a girlfriend too. Any of those are good. Talk with your family and find out. Who knows maybe your daughter would enjoy having the extra space to have a little "breathing room" to grieve the end of a relationship.

I wouldn't invite any of my family just for the fact of in my family it would cause a big ruckus.

Upvote 0

Todd L

Original Poster
So heres where its stands....Downsized to a Studio w/ Savannah View, Disney is refunding Him his Dining Moneys, we are using His Ticket Money to upgrade to season passes and Refunding him the cash out of our bank.

With The Annual Passes and Points we saved we will take a Trip next Spring/summer to Wdw!!

I LOVE having Two trips in the works!! Happend two years ago and Its exciting!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Glad you decided to stay with just the 4 of you. It will give you more intimate family moments and memories. Two trips is the best. Now you can relax that the hard choices are behind you and enjoy. Two trips is so fun cause you know the follow up trip is there waiting for you and you can go at a relaxed pace knowing if you miss something it's no big deal. Hope your daughter can enjoy the trip w/o sad memories connected to the bf being there with her before.

Upvote 0

DJMoore2011

So heres where its stands....Downsized to a Studio w/ Savannah View, Disney is refunding Him his Dining Moneys, we are using His Ticket Money to upgrade to season passes and Refunding him the cash out of our bank.

With The Annual Passes and Points we saved we will take a Trip next Spring/summer to Wdw!!

I LOVE having Two trips in the works!! Happend two years ago and Its exciting!

AWESOME glad it worked out so well for you all. Hope you have a fantastic trip err make that two fantastic trips :D

Upvote 0

Todd L

Original Poster
Glad you decided to stay with just the 4 of you. It will give you more intimate family moments and memories. Two trips is the best. Now you can relax that the hard choices are behind you and enjoy. Two trips is so fun cause you know the follow up trip is there waiting for you and you can go at a relaxed pace knowing if you miss something it's no big deal. Hope your daughter can enjoy the trip w/o sad memories connected to the bf being there with her before.
Thanks for the help and Advice.....Trying to keep a college aged daughter , 7 year old son and last but not least ourself happy is a bit like Juggling...You know your gonna drop something ..its inevitable!!

My son will be excited that we are staying closer to Uwanja Camp!!

We are having dinner in an hour or so and we will sit and talk about it all...love to see everyone light up and get excited for it!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom