What would you do............

mickeyfan

Help, need some input to make a decision.

Have reservations at Coronado Springs for three nights during Thanksgiving Holidays. A friend works at the Dolphin Hotel and told me she can get me rooms there for $20 a night less. Will just be myself and my daughters (13 and 10). Which one would you choose to stay at?:confused:

Please let me know as soon as possible. I leave in a week!!:sohappy:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Maria
I would probably change to Dolphin... it would be $60.00 less, and it would put me closer to Epcot! :)

I agree with Maria! I have it from a reliable source that you can get from the 9th floor of the Swan (right next to the Dolphin) to the International Gate of Epcot in exactly 10 mins if you hustle. The only place closer to Epcot would be Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht Club!

Upvote 0

dwldzm9

Dolphin All The Way!!!!

I have stayed at both, and there is NO WAY I would go to CS under those circumstances, in fact, I would prob. pay 20-30 more a night to stay at Swan/Dolphin.

The rooms are top notch, as well as the service, and you can walk to Epcot & MGM, meaning technically the only park you HAVE to take the buses from you know where to is AK. It is also nice to have the boardwalk close by, yet far enough away that there isn't any ambient noise in your room.

If you are a Sheraton/Starwood Preferred guest, you also earn points - and trust me, those can come in handy - last year my 5 night stay at the Swan was FREE!!!!!

Also, they have the only lap pool at WDW, a great fitness center, and several top notch restaurants to give you a reason to go! And if your friend works there, i'd imagine you'll probably get upgraded to club level and then you'll get free continental breakfast every morning. Seems like a small deal until you realize how much it would cost in a park to get cereal, milk, OJ, english muffin w/PB, and a banana for every member of your party...

Upvote 0

Smee

As much as I like CS, for this trip I would make the switch to Dolphin.

Cost reduction aside, staying on or in this case near the Epcot basin and I-gate is too good to pass up. You can take a boat(or walk) to MGM as well. After watching Illuminations, you don't have to wait for a bus or M-rail, just a nice walk to your room. Fantasia golf is a short walk as well, and the pools look fantastic and often mostly empty. Good eats ( some of the best in WDW) are all around.

Make the switch for this trip but try CS another time, it is a really good moderate resort.

Upvote 0

Coronado

I do like the CS resort.... but have stayed at the Dolphin on the comapany's buck....It is nice....It is near EPCOT and MGM....The pools are nice but remember this.....CS moderate rate (standard) is not that much different than the "special" rate at the Dolphin...You know that they have a special rate for teachers, nurses, government employees, military....etc if you ask....It is $120 starting in Jan.... used to be $100....catch is....you have to book when occupancy rates are below 80%...you can't get bumped.... they are not available...Christmas, Easter, and New years....watch for the "add-on" for coffee and a generic morning paper....about 8 to 10 per night....You can opt out on the coffee and paper at check in. PS the only time that occupancy is above 80% in those monsters is when they have conventions, seminars, trad shows, etc. Both a good value.....the down side of CS.... It is a long way from anywhere! Bring hiking boots!

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

Original Poster
Originally posted by Ariel
I would go with the Dolphin for sure...I've stayed there before and it's beautiful!

Have a great time!! :)

Ariel -- where else would a mermaid stay?:D

Thanks for everyone's advise. I have decided to switch to the Dolphin Hotel, spoke to my friend today!! I can't wait. I have looked up the hotel on the internet and the hotel and rooms do look beautiful. I can always stay at Coronado Springs during another trip. My friend might be moving to Tampa in January, so this will probably be my only chance to get the $69.00 a night rate!! I figure you can't beat that price for the Dolphin. My room at Coronado was $89.00 a night with one of the codes from Mousesavers.com .

I will share with you how the trip was when I return.

Thanks everyone!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom