What would you do?

jaw62901

Current set up is as follows (no deposits have been paid yet).

Dec 26 to Dec 30 CBR and Dec 30 to Jan 3 AKL savannah view.

However, with my savings from my cheap airfare I was able to find, I was looking at Disney Resorts and noticed that I could stay at a standard room at Disney's Contemporary Resort with the airfare savings. I plan on only going to the theme parks for 7 out of the 9 days there and spending the rest of the time at the resort.

Is it worth it to upgrade from CBR and AKL to CR. What is the resort like.

Thanks,

Jason

Stormhammer22

There are always positive and negatives with each hotel.

The Contemporary has access to the monorail, has an awesome game room, and a few nice resturants but I have heard that the rooms are kinda bland.

The Animal Kingdom lodge looks awesome, with chances to see the animals, beautiful rooms, etc but it's far from the other parks and resorts.

Personally, if it was me, I'd stick with the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If there is a chance, you could try the Wilderness Lodge but if it's between the AKL and the Contemporary, I'd choose the AKL.

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

I guess probably someone that has stayed at the Contemporary & CBR & AKL would be a better judge than I am... but I love to stay at CBR, and I never would choose Contemporary... I like to visit the Contemporary for breakfast with Mickey, but it doesn't appeal to me to stay there. The monorail would be the only advantage... but you could get that staying at the Poly too.

Upvote 0

mwitkus

I haven't actually stayed at any resorts other than the WL. But from what I have seen and heard of the other resorts, I would stick with the original plan and skip the Contemporary all together.. Not that the Contemporary is bad, but AKL sounds far too spectacular to miss out on...

I'm sure wherever you stay will be wonderful... It is Disney after all...

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Oh...no question. Stay with Animal Kingdom Lodge--besides not having the monorail, it is a far better Resort than the very dated Contemporary. I know a lot of people love the Contemporary because it is the first Resort, but it feels very 1970s to me and bland--it's themed like the old, white Tomorrowland--I far prefer AKL's theming and Caribbean Beach's vibrant colorings (and the fact that it was recently refurbished).

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Like the Contemporary especially that it's a monorail hotel and if you're in the mood, you can walk to/from the MK. Right now though it's very hard to get a reservation at the Contemporary. Since Shades of Green has been closed due to rehab, they are saving rooms at the Contemporary for Military personnel. We tried to get a suite, and a concierge, and a regular room at the Contemporary for June and they were unavailable due to this.

Upvote 0

ppiew

I guess it would depend on your park plans and the group you are traveling with. If you intend to spend a lot of time at the MK and have young children, the Contemporary certainly is more convenient than the others. Being an older resort, the rooms are much more spacious than either of the other resorts.
For a truly unique and special experience - the AKL by all means!! It is a travel experience of its own and not to be missed if at all possible. It has great restaurants and an atmosphere that is fabulous.

Upvote 0

jaw62901

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for all of your information.

I guess I will have to sit down with it all and figure out if I want to change my plans or not.

Jason

Upvote 0

GalacticGobbler

Animal Kingdom Lodge

Definately Animal Kingdom Lodge. We stayed there a few weeks ago and it has become one of our favorites. the theming is IMHO the best on property, the restaurants are great and the pool is tip top. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom