What would you do with a kid free evening?

My parents are coming along with us on our trip in May and will be taking the kids for us one evening so my husband and I can get some time alone together. We will be spending the day as a family in Magic Kingdom and then we are all having an early dinner at 'Ohana and then they will leave with the kids.

We were planning on heading back to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours, but I feel like 4-5 hours in the park is probably more than we need to do the stuff we want to, especially given we will have spent Monday at the Magic Kingdom as well. We probably have 3 hours we could kill before extra magic hours start anyway.

So what else should we consider? Trader Sams? Or is the wait not worth it? Any chance the Edison will be open in Disney Springs? Drinks would be fun, but we will probably be STUFFED from 'Ohana, so I cant imagine we would want to eat anything else.

Tuvalu

The Edison is a long way from opening...we saw the construction yesterday and the sign says "Coming in late 2017."

Trader Sam's is fun and the waits to get in are considerably shorter than when it first opened. Mizner's at the GF and the Outer Rim at the CR are also good locations for enjoying drinks. You could also try the new Geyser Point at WL, it's an "open air" bar.

Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

Which resort are you staying at?

On a night without kids, DH and I would probably get our drink on at the MK resorts (a minor bar crawl), maybe do a bit of shopping at the MK resorts too and then go visit our favorite MK dark rides for some romantical moments.

There's the Wave Lounge at the Contemporary if you want to easily stagger to MK after your drinks.
If you want a lovely cruise across Bay Lake, try Crockett's Tavern at Ft. Wilderness.
Tambu Lounge at the Poly looks promising.
Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Close down a park then depending on time head over to DS for Anything!!

Last time we were there without the DS we closed down MK at 2am one night and the next night we closed another park at 11 pm and went to DS and caught a movie.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
My parents are coming along with us on our trip in May and will be taking the kids for us one evening so my husband and I can get some time alone together. We will be spending the day as a family in Magic Kingdom and then we are all having an early dinner at 'Ohana and then they will leave with the kids.

We were planning on heading back to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours, but I feel like 4-5 hours in the park is probably more than we need to do the stuff we want to, especially given we will have spent Monday at the Magic Kingdom as well. We probably have 3 hours we could kill before extra magic hours start anyway.

So what else should we consider? Trader Sams? Or is the wait not worth it? Any chance the Edison will be open in Disney Springs? Drinks would be fun, but we will probably be STUFFED from 'Ohana, so I cant imagine we would want to eat anything else.
Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge if it's a nice evening. Sit outside, have a drink, watch the fireworks at MK and the Electrical Water Pageant, then head back to MK for EMH.

Upvote 0

PHS79

Our last trip my parents were "snow birding" in Florida so they came to visit for a couple days. They took our DD (then 5) mid afternoon so we made the most of it, went to the resort and napped (among other things) before heading out of the evening. We went to Epcot and ate at San Angel Inn, had a great meal and a few drinks then did some rides. We left 10-15 mins before park closing and when to MK which was having EMH that night. It was a great relaxing night.

Upvote 0

BackOTheLine

We usually put the kiddo in Lilos Playhouse or the AKL one (Simbas Den maybe?) for a few hours one evening - our plan involves either a Monorail "Bar Crawl" or a trip to Disney Springs. I put "Bar Crawl" in quotes because we just don't have the stamina we used to...but we'll hit a nice bar at some (all?) of the monorail resorts and enjoy some beverages and bites to eat. We used to love to eat sitting at the bar before the little one came along so it's kind of our go-to activity when we snag some grown-up time.

But certainly a trip to Disney Springs can be in the cards. Good stuff to be had there too.

I guess I just realized everything revolves around food and drink for us...:)

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

Horse drawn Carriage ride at POR, then you could take the boat to DS...or bus to a park from there. The carriage ride is so nice, romantic, relaxing, peaceful...we enjoyed it!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Based solely on location, I'd say Trader Sams. Keep in mind if the weather is nice and the inside is packed you can get the same menu outside on the patio. Decor isn't the same, but it's still a great spot to hang out, especially when there is live music.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom