What would you do? 11 hours on crowded day or 6 on an empty day?

imaginerd

Original Poster
Friends,

I have an opportunity to visit Disneyland (as part of a business trip) this winter.

Here are my choices:

A) I can spend 11 hours at the park on a 9/10 crowd level day

B) Spend 6 hours at the park on a 3/10 crowd level day

What would you do?

truecoat

Friends,

I have an opportunity to visit Disneyland (as part of a business trip) this winter.

Here are my choices:

A) I can spend 11 hours at the park on a 9/10 crowd level day

B) Spend 6 hours at the park on a 3/10 crowd level day

What would you do?

If you can be there at opening, I'd take the 9/10 day for sure. Then again, I'd probably say 11 hours will still be better than 6 just buy the max pass to save some time.

Nirya

Honestly, even with the crowded days, if you can get there at rope drop, you can get a lot done in the 3-4 hours before APs show up. And smart Fastpassing/ride timing (aka eating at non-peak times while riding things during main lunch/dinner times) means you shouldn't have as much issue with getting on things.

Of course, I also lean towards the 11 hours because that's just more time to walk around and enjoy the park's smaller details.

PiratesMansion

Honestly, it's better to be there on a day the park is expecting to be crowded (and staffed appropriately) than one where the park is expecting a quiet day and the place turns out to be mobbed.

Are the numbers you're stating from a crowd calendar? If so, you're best off disregarding crowd calendars for DLR. The only thing predictable about DLR crowds is that they will be there, always.

Sailor310

It also matters if you are into shows or not. Sometimes the big days are on weekends where you'll get 2 Fantasmic!s, fireworks, etc... On light week days there might be very little.

Mark_E

Don’t read into the crowd calendars too much. They’re wildly inaccurate.
Are you able to do Single Rider? If you are then you’ll wait no more than 10-15 mins for most things with it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'd go with the 11 hour day.
But then again I RD and take advantage of the golden hour and know what FP's I want and what additional FP's are easy to get later.
So really other than moving through the crowds they wouldn't really effect my ability to do attractions.

Communicora

Premium Member
I agree with everyone saying to take the 11 hour day. Prioritize what you want to do and give yourself some down time to just enjoy the atmosphere. You could even leave the park and have a light meal and a cocktail at Trader Sam's if the crowds start to get to you and then come back to the park renewed.

ETA: I would also suggest buying MaxPass.

Last edited:

shambolicdefending

If you show up early and have a good plan, you'll get more out of 11 hours than six, crowds notwithstanding.

If you don't have (or don't want to have) a plan, going with the flow will work better with fewer crowds.

TrainsOfDisney

As others have said, crowded days will have more staff and more entertainment scheduled. You can get a lot done in the first and last hour the parks open. There are so many attractions at Disneyland you can just plan for the tiki room, Lincoln, monorail ride, steam train, riverboat, etc. during the crowded parts of the day. And that’s in between fastpasses etc.

I’ve been to Disneyland for Christmas and 4th of July and the park never gets as bad as the Florida parks thanks to many different things that make Disneyland truly unique.

Lilofan

I would spend 11 hours at DLR. Anyone who would spend 11 hours at WDW needs to pack a lot of patience with people and heat and humidity.

imaginerd

Original Poster
Thank you, everyone! Great advice.

I ended up going for the 11 hours and it was the right call. I went to both parks, rode 19 rides (avg. wait time was 8.5 minutes), took advantage of single rider lines wherever I could (literally walked onto Radiator Racers TWICE!) , soaked up the atmosphere, and had a magical time.

This community truly is amazing. Thank you again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom