What would it take to return to Communicore?

TwilightZone

I would like to see a CommuniCore that, along with a restored Spaceship Earth, is actually about communication and learning new languages. That seems like a great theme for the heart of Epcot, better than consumer electronics. Plus it means a longer shelf life without any rotating sponsors and tech.
I would love a robot communicore personally. Robots evolve a lot but also are stagnant a lot too. Or animatronics, just clone one of the ones from a newer ride.

DisneyDebRob

So - what if Communicore was reimagined retroactively, and the whole notion of future technology was brought back, but in 2018 terms. Could Apple, Samsung, Intel, etc. come on as sponsors and the pavilion be reconstructed as it was originally designed but in a way that showcases the future from this point moving forward? A digital playground for all ages, in effect - regularly updated to keep things current.

Has this idea been proposed? Would the general public buy in? Is it a problem attracting those kind of sponsors? I miss the original Epcot as many of the posters in this forum do, and just sometimes wonder what it would take to bring it back.

TestTrack seems to have accomplished this concept quite well - even Mission Space to an extent. Why not Communicore?

Thoughts...
“ Regularly updated to keep things current “
That is the problem I believe even with a sponsor. At the rate we are going things would be outdated every 3 months. Disney has never known to keep things “ updated” on a regular basis.

junglecruise93

Original Poster
Thanks all for the great conversation. Everyone's thoughts make a lot of sense. Maybe I was hoping Chapek and Iger are actually reading these forums and somehow it might make a difference!

-scott

Bluewaves

You would need to bring in new stuff every quarter, tech gets so stagnant so fast it isn't even funny. I remember there was a home theater demonstration many years ago, as someone who worked in the field it was already about 2 years out of date when I saw this demo of super high end stuff. Its the problem Epcot and Tomorrowland face, you have to constantly update it and spend money, or you could just open a Best Buy in the center of Epcot to make sure whats there is brand new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom