What Will Replace Blue Man Group?

Max Duane

Original Poster
Any ideas? Or is this building going to be a vacant eyesore for a while? I’d hate to see such a large venue go to waste. So sad that this was originally Nickelodeon Studios. Lots of history in that building.

jeanericuser001

Maybe universal should do a universal museum complete with 3d theater show showing clips from various movies and rides. They could cycle in props from different movies much like how Disney did with the great movie ride. It might even be great for promoting special events like hhn.

OG Runner

How large is the building? I have not gone to the Blue Man Group in Orlando, I had already seen them in Boston.

DavidNoble

Any ideas? Or is this building going to be a vacant eyesore for a while? I’d hate to see such a large venue go to waste. So sad that this was originally Nickelodeon Studios. Lots of history in that building.

That history is still there in some of the building if I'm not mistaken. Been a few years since I've been backstage.

Max Duane

Original Poster
How large is the building? I have not gone to the Blue Man Group in Orlando, I had already seen them in Boston.
pretty huge. two whole sound stages linked together by a central building. it used to be where all the live action Nickelodeon tv shows were filmed back in the 90s. I know Blue Man Group utilized one of the two stages, but there is more than enough room to fit a ride, simulator, or other sort of attraction inside it if it were ever repurposed

JT3000

If they get rid of Shrek for a new attraction, they might have to.

-Rob
It's possible, but it's important to remember that, despite being a big money-maker for the parks, Creative doesn't actually care about HHN. It's literally none of their concern. They once even demolished a house while it was under construction so they could get started on Transformers. So if they decide to use any of the house venues for a permanent attraction, that's the HHN team's burden to figure out, and they won't necessarily be granted permission to use a different venue if they lose one. And as much as I love HHN myself, I think it's in the park's best interest to find new permanent uses for both of those locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom