What Will NOT Be Open On Opening Day

DLR92

I hope Matterhorn would open to the public. I think they can keep it at 2 people per vehicle and skip the next vehicle to make it work.

CaptinEO

Have they said if the 3D Theaters will be operating? Maybe the return of the Captain himself is in order for Tommorowland.

I can't imagine "Onward Sneak Peak" is still playing.

Last edited:

DLR92

I used to work matterhorn years ago. I don't remember the exact weight but it needs enough bodies to go through the splash down pond at the end or it will not make it through to the end which then causes the ride to do an emergency stop.
Wow! I never knew of this!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I used to work matterhorn years ago. I don't remember the exact weight but it needs enough bodies to go through the splash down pond at the end or it will not make it through to the end which then causes the ride to do an emergency stop.
I was thinking they could put people in the 1st and 3rd seat of each car for distancing, but looking at videos that only looks to be maybe 4-1/2 to 5 feet distance. Then they maybe could have secured some sandbags or other weights they would normally use for testing in the center seats. Not sure how safe that would be though.

DLR>WDW

Oo, interesting! Does this mean the ride cannot cycle empty?

PiratesMansion

Oo, interesting! Does this mean the ride cannot cycle empty?
Some older Arrow coasters (like Matterhorn) have to test vehicles with sand bags and other weights in the car for the ride to complete the circuit.

I know that this is true, at the very least, of the older arrow coasters (Mine Ride, Gemini) at Cedar Point, and as Matterhorn is older it wouldn't surprise me if it was similar.

Then again, that may have changed with the 2012 cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom