What will be open by spring?

mechurchlady

SPRING = after March 20th

Probably all the shops in The Landing. Maybe some dining and nightclubs coming to The Landing. This will be 3 to 5 months after Notice of Commencement permits were pulled. Paradiso 37 is well into exterior modifications.

Dining in The Landing depends on weather and other delays. I would put $5 on opening by April 1. ;)

Next Big Thing

SPRING = after March 20th

Probably all the shops in The Landing. Maybe some dining and nightclubs coming to The Landing. This will be 3 to 5 months after Notice of Commencement permits were pulled. Paradiso 37 is well into exterior modifications.

Dining in The Landing depends on weather and other delays. I would put $5 on opening by April 1. ;)
When you say nightclubs, are we talking about actual dance clubs or...?

Next Big Thing

Meieran has an underground area that could have a nightclub. Hints have been for adult areas in some new restaurants that might feature dancing or a place to be entertained such as nightclubs. Just be ready for PR to roll and be prepared to party next year!
Do we think there will be anything close to the level of Mannequinns or even Motion? Is there any plans for any comedy clubs again or is that pretty much out as of now?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Do we think there will be anything close to the level of Mannequinns or even Motion? Is there any plans for any comedy clubs again or is that pretty much out as of now?
Based on what we know (which is most of the Landing) there will be no dedicated night clubs like PI had. The nightlife will revolve around bar/restaurants with live entertainment. Other than the Hanger (which seems like it will be a bar that serves some food too) the majority of places will be restaurants that have bars attached. I guess the one unknown is still the Meieran/Edison location @mechurchlady mentioned. That has some potential to have a dedicated "club like" space. I believe STK is a steakhouse/lounge with music and bar (including rooftop lounge area) and Boathouse will have 3 bars plus live entertainment. Not sure about live entertainment for Morimoto. Raglan will continue to have a lively bar scene and entertainment as well as HOB on the West Side. According to rumors all of the bars in the Landing section will be open until 2am and there have been multiple mentions of live entertainment including the amphitheater area on the water between Boathouse and Hanger. It won't be the same as PI, but should be a significant upgrade over the post PI DTD.

Mouse Detective

The press release for STK mentioned that their lounge would have a DJ. But I would not expect anything close to what PI once offered.

Next Big Thing

The press release for STK mentioned that their lounge would have a DJ. But I would not expect anything close to what PI once offered.
Unless there is something announced that surprises me with this Meieran space, HOB will be the only true nightclub in DTD and it's only a club on Sundays and Wednesdays (they just added Wednesdays recently for when there are no concerts).

At least that's what I expect at this point. Hopefully i'll be surprised and something cool gets announced.

mechurchlady

I'll be there at the end of April beginning of May, there a good chance I'll find a new restaurant open to try? (or even a new bar for a quick drink)
YES!
Notice of commencement has started on everything but Meieran. STK and Morimoto definitely should be done by end of March. That would give Morimoto over 5 months to decorate and equip the restaurant. I think stores by end of February and restaurants a month later. STK is a new building that just needs the entry terrace finished. They just need staff, equipment, and decor. I saw the inside of stores and they are ready for the stores to add their touch.

mechurchlady

Remember that Meieran is a wild card!!!
He did Clifton and Edison. There is no major history like with a boathouse and Morimoto. Raglan Road has a chef of note at least but Meieran has no experience in service industry before Clifton and Edison.

He loves history. He loves old style Clifton and the nightlife of Edison. He could make a true nightclub or a homey Clifton's type restaurant. He has money to burn so he has few limits.

Definitely there will be bars and music. Definitely adults will be able to party into the wee hours while drinking and dancing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom