WDWspider

First time at each park, O.K.

MK - Pirates of the Caribbean. Later: Alien Encounter and Splash mountain

EPCOT - Original Journey and Captain E/O

MGM - Great Movie Ride. Later: ToT

AK - Safari Ride

and bonus

IoA - Spider-man

This is based on it being the first time that the attractions were at the park when I went.

mousecar

Thrill ride - Splash Mountain, not just for the drop, but the excellent theming and surprising length of the ride

non thrill ride - Spaceship Earth, it was my very first epcot ride and until Test Track and Fastpass came along was always my first stop at Epcot

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I would have to say Rock and Roller coaster blew my mind the first time i rode it. Just walking into the alleyway and watching the car take off is a great site but when you are actually on the ride it is the greatest ride i have ridden.

cymbaldiva

ToT!!! My friends had to drag me on - literally! - and when we got off, all I wanted to do was ride again! And again, and again...

It was better than...well, never mind! :animwink: ToT is awesome!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Rock and Roller Coaster! I had goosebumps just listening to the engine rev up and then hearing it peel out like that! And the fact that I love Aerosmith!

mickeyfanatics

Thrill Rides - Tie between Splash Mountain (so much more than one drop), TOT (what a total theme again), and RnR (still the best themed roller coaster anywhere)

Over all attraction - American Adventure (seeing Ben Franklin walk up the stairs), Great Movie Ride (thw witch is still scary)

But basically, it would be easier for me to list the rides I did not like the first time: Alien Encounter (lame dark copy of HISTA, the preshow is bet ter than the main show), The New Tiki Room (ruined a great classic), Food Rocks (cool music, but cheesy cut out AA), The original Harvest Theater Movie (Boring), Test Track (waste of 3 years of rehab after waiting in line for 2 hours, pre fastpass days, we rode it the second day it was open to the public and it is not worth a 15 minute wait), Sounds Dangerous (The Monster Sound Show and 1 Saturday Morning were better), Kali River Rapids (by far the wimpiest of the three river rapids rides in Florida, they could have done soooooo much more with it), and that is it.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Great thread! But a difficult one to narrow down.

For me I would have to say Tower of Terror. I was blown away by the attention to detail (and in that category, I'm tough to impress). I also just loved the whole "feel" and ambience to the attraction. And of course it didn't hurt that Twilight Zone is my favorite TV show of all time.

But if I have to choose one that is not a thrill ride, then I would have to say American Adventure at Epcot. To this day, it is so emotional and moving. But the FIRST TIME I experienced it, I was absolutely in awe of how elaborate it was. For those of us who love attractions involving audio animatronics, that show is an absolute treat!

Jerm

This is SOOOOO easy ToT all the way. The only attraction I ever was in awwwww of from the time I saw it walking down Sunset to the time I got off as I was running aorund to go on it again.

Close second is Haunted Manison Holiday here at DL. It is hard to take one of the best attractions ever made HM and make it better but they did it.

J

wdwrules

id have to say my favorite ride-not a thrill ride-that i loved the most the first time i went on it was pirates of the carribbean. When you enter where the ships are battling is awesome, never expected to see that.

:D :D :D :D

Lord Alfred

Here's my best/worst RIDE (no shows) for each park.

MK- Best - Splash Mountain - Worst - Winnie the Toad-Killing Pooh

Epcot - Best - Test Track - Worst - Body Wars

MGM - Best - ToT - Worst - Backstage Studio Tour

AK - Best - K. Safaris - Worst - Kali River Rapids

UO - Best - T2:3D (I know it's a show) - Worst - All the Rest!

IoA - Haven't been yet. Hoping it's better than UO.

ToTBellHop

The Tower of Terror is the best ride ever! At the other parks, my faves are Test Track, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Splash Mountain.

jonmar

Best and Worst

Like the previous person did I will my favorite and least favorite of all parks

MK - Best - Space Mountain - Worst - Snow White

EPCOT - Best - Maelstrom - Worst - Imagination

Animal Kingdom - Best - Dinosaur - Dont really have a worst here

MGM - Best - Rockin Roller Coaster - Worst - Backlot Tour

Islands of Adventure - Best - Hulk Coaster - Worst - Dudley Doorights Falls (not even a little close to Splash Mountain)

Universal Studios - Best - Back to the Future - Worst - Earthquake

Also I think they never should have gotten rid of the World of Motion because Test Track is the most overated ride in all the parks, it really isnt that good at all.

jmarc63

I would have to say HM the first time in '71, Then from '75 would be PotC. at EPCOT would be UoE in '93 and at D-MGM would be TGMR in '93 as well since i didn't get back to WDW till them after my first visits from 71 to 79.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Of all the rides my favourite would have to be Splash Mountain - Yeah, ok so RNR and TOT are more thrilling (but what do you see in the dark ?)
On SM the theming of the story is great, the attention to detail of the scenery, the catchy music, and finally as you ride the big drop through the cactus patch, ending up with the big finale. This has got to be THE best ride in all four parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom