What Walt Disney Hotel Do You Like Best?

Which Hotel?

• Total voters

Lovecraft

I voted Animal Kingdom Lodge. My best stay was at the AKL, I loved every minute of it -- but then, I have also loved every minute of my stays at the All Star resorts and Port Orleans Riverside. I didn't much enjoy the Coronado though, and I thought I would love it.

I would like to try the Wilderness Lodge next.

Jersey_Mouse

After a couple years in the All Stars, last year we stayed at Old Key West, very nice and the rooms are huge! This year we're staying at Boardwalk so I'll let you know...only two more days 'til we arrive!

Nemmy

Original Poster
To everybody who wanted more options:

You are only allowed to do 15 poll choices. The few that I left out included Port Orleans Riverside, and I didn't know that all of you liked it. If more poll choices are added, I'll start a new poll, including EVERY hotel.

Kadee

I wanted to vote for POR (as it is my favorite), but since it wasn't listed, I voted for WL. I've never stayed there, but have visited it and fell in love with it. I will hopefully be staying there on my next trip.

bigfatdonna

I get the most "Disney MAGIC" feeling when I'm staying at the Contemporary. To me, as far as the resorts go, it IS Disney like no other. Maybe it's because it's so very close to the Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom Lodge is great too but since we were staying there on 9/11/02, I sometimes get a creepy feeling when I'm there. We wondered around the resort all of that day and the silence and look on everyone's faces was so very eerie.

I've only stayed at a couple, but fell in love with the WL. I would love to make it there to see the tree in December, the pictures I've seen look beautiful. :xmas:

DisneyFanLS

Don't know about the rest but.....

I only have experience at the All-Star Movies Resort, so I don't think I'm qualified to answer the poll....but my wife and I DO like the All-Star Resorts...we're staying at the new Pop Culture Resort in September!!! So mamybe I can answer better when we reuturn??!!

Cynderella

Nemmy said:
What surprises me is that nobody's chosen Grand Floridian yet. After all, it's the most expensive hotel, you'd think that people would like it the most.

Oh, my choice was Contemporary.

I actually think the Grand Floridian is kinda ugly. The interior doesn't really impress me at all...I think you get much better theming at any of the other resorts....and those chandeliers are just sooo god awful!

DivineMadness7

Ok, I feel the need to subdivide my catergories here :D

I voted for Wilderness Lodge, because it is in my opinion the best over all resort and I've actually stayed there.

I would LOVE to stay at the Grand Floridian, but for the cost and the actual amount of time we spend at the hotel, it's just not worth it...

Now, maybe if I find a guy who's willing to take me there for our honeymoon.... :lol:

favorite moderate is Port Orleans Riverside (still Dixie Landings, in my heart) we've stayed there several times and it's a nice middle ground.

favorite value is definately Pop Century. We've found it to be a better fit because we don't spend much time at the hotel (so why pay much for it) but we're still in property which is a must.

favorite nostalgic hotel is contemporary. What do I mean by this? I mean this is the hotel that I remember from my childhood. This is where my grandparents always stay (and have been doing so since it opened) and everytime I step into the lobby or the concourse it's like stepping back into my childhood....*tear* haha

least favorite hotel (that I've stayed at) is Carribean Beach. I'm not sure why, it just really rubbed me the wrong way? It just wasn't the same as Dixi...errr POR

Ok, enough of that excessiveness... :wave:

rick3236

This is such a difficult poll to vote in. Every resort has something special and every resort has a reason to be my favorite and a legitimate claim to be the best. I think if you subdivide this poll, maybe into the different price categories it would be interesting.

My vote: Deluxe - Wilderness Lodge (AKL is a close second)
Moderate - Coronado Springs
Value - Pop Century
Home away from Home- Fort Wilderness Cabins
DVC resort: Boardwalik

Nemmy

Original Poster
What I need is MORE ROOM! I hadn't heard anything about POR or Shades of Green. If I got unlimited poll space, I'd include anything.

Oh, the Swan Resort and Fort Wilderness are the only ones that don't have votes. If you like them, be sure to support them! They're going into sub-zero status.

Deaclaw

Old Key West is my favorite. I have stayed at POR and POFQ as well as one of the All-Stars resorts. Of course, I was single at the time when i stayed at the moderates.

I went with my family (wife, 3 kids and mother in law) and stayed at Old Key West and stayed in a two-bedroom. It was unbelievable. The room size is fantastic. It was neat and clean and been recently remodeled with new appliances.

Nemmy

Original Poster
Right now, the Polynesian is in the lead, followed closely by Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. So vote for your favorite!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom