What TV house would you want to live in?

prberk

Original Poster
With all of the hoopla last month over the HGTV renovation of the "Brady Bunch" house, I thought it would be fun to ask which TV house would you actually consider living in, if it were real?

I have to admit that the Brady house would be fun, but my all-time favorite "TV house" is the one from "Bewitched," where Darrin and Samantha lived. I always liked the open living room with the glass and French doors opening to the back yard, and the stairway right as you came in. I also liked the exterior brick with the bay window. (We always saw the exterior whenever Gladys Kravitz snooped on them from across the street.)

Years later I also recognized that house as Val's house in "Knotts Landing," which is nearly unknown today... but nonetheless I remembered it.

So, what TV house did you think was a cool design or would be cool to see in real life?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Fun question -- and there's so many I'd like! In random order:

From Family Affair (Brian Keith, etc.) -- he had such a nice apartment in an upscale building in Manhattan. Plenty of room for him, the children and the butler!

Perfect for today, Halloween: The Munsters house! :joyfull:

Mary Tyler Moore show -- cute apartment on the top floor of that house -- large window views.

prberk

Original Poster
Fun question -- and there's so many I'd like! In random order:

From Family Affair (Brian Keith, etc.) -- he had such a nice apartment in an upscale building in Manhattan. Plenty of room for him, the children and the butler!

Perfect for today, Halloween: The Munsters house! :joyfull:

Mary Tyler Moore show -- cute apartment on the top floor of that house -- large window views.

I had forgotten about "Family Affair." I bet that apartment in real life would have been crazy expensive in Manhattan. (Kind of like the Friends apartments.)

Did you ever notice that in all of those old shows like "Mary Tyler Moore Show" (and "I Love Lucy" and even "Good Times"), they always had large windows in those apartments? They had the same in Alfred Hitchcock's "Rope" apartment. (But of course, Brian Keith's apartment in "Family Affair" had no apparent windows, lol.)

Tony the Tigger

Eight Is Enough?
Silver Spoons?
The Walshes on 90210?

The Brady Bunch house made me want bunk beds. It never happened. 🤣

I’ll probably think of more after I click “post.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom