What topiaries do you think should be at the EPCOT Flower and Garden festival

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
While the EPCOT Flower and Garden festival is not very far away from now, I've decided to open up a question for those fascinated by the topiaries. Of course, if you were to nominate a character for a topiary (well, that is, apart from the 'staple' characters), who would it be, where would it be and why?

[Extra points if it's an obscure character. Brainstorm, go!]

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
A topiary of Dreamfinder eating clown fish. ;)

:ROFLOL: Very funny...

If you were to see it in my head, perhaps Buzzy and the Hypothalamus, a little from the Wonders of Life pavilion. In my opinion (well, apart from the sentimental value of his presence), it's probably because, well, it was once his home before it closed down.

The Empress Lilly

If you were to see it in my head, perhaps Buzzy and the Hypothalamus, a little from the Wonders of Life pavilion. In my opinion (well, apart from the sentimental value of his presence), it's probably because, well, it was once his home before it closed down.
Topiaries that give a little nod to EPCOT's history....yes please! We always love that sort of stuff.

What I also love is the classical 'natural' Disney topiary look. Just a hedge, grown and cut in the shape of an animal. For some reason, these appeal more to me than most of the elaborate, multicoloured, supported structures. Maybe because a topiary is at it's most magical when it is still clearly recognisable as a plant, instead of a 'sculpture which uses some organic material'.

I think I'll name 'lots of dinosaurs' as my topiary wish list. Not the movie ones, but the Energy dinos. I want them to grow real big 'uns. We'll put them in front of Energy, next to your WoL shrubs.

Tooning

How about some for the really popular TV cartoons from the 80's 90's ex: Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck. I would love to see some of these characters again in any capacity. Or Some of the classics from the 50's & 60's would be good too. So My vote would be for T.V. stuff

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
How about some for the really popular TV cartoons from the 80's 90's ex: Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck. I would love to see some of these characters again in any capacity. Or Some of the classics from the 50's & 60's would be good too. So My vote would be for T.V. stuff

Likely. It's not everyday you'd get to see the classics in today's day and age. So perhaps a little nod to some long lost classics is perhaps a plus.

Speak of the classics, I think the iconic Dreamfinder and Figment somewhere near the fountains in Imagination. Probably better than Channing's bust. XP

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
**WE BUMP THIS THREAD FOR RESUMING ONGOING DISCUSSIONS WITH THIS INSPIRATIONAL ARTWORK**

...this is what popped up in my head. Awful homage pun, I know. Still, I wonder if anyone else in the obscure category would deserve a topiary in future F&G festivals to come.
Anyone?
"Come on, don't be shy!"

PinkElephants

It would of been/would be great to see all the Epcot icons, even the ones that are no longer present. By icons I mean the symbols for WoL, WoM, SSE, etc. etc. Seeing as how it is in Epcot after all :)

luv

I'd like more variety, change it up a bit more from year to year.

And id like them to step it up a little, too.

I_heart_Tigger

I have thought for years (going on decades now) that Flower from Bambi should be the "icon" of the festival and more prominently displayed. Instead I always have to go hunting for him. I usually find him (he was in the butterfly garden this year) but I think he should be on signs and advertising as well.

Other than that I would like to see Basil, Dawson and Toby from The Great Mouse Detective and more of the villians from all of the films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom