What to wear???

TinkerbellWDW

Going to WDW on Dec. 30- Jan. 6. should I just pack sweats, some capris and maybe a couple of pairs of shorts? Taking tennis shoes for sure and maybe a pair of flip flops. Any suggestion?? Of course taking jackets.

jlsHouston

I'm from Houston and found last Thanksgiving at Disney brrrr cold, highs in the 60's-70's and lows in the 50's...too cold for these gulf coast bones. I would pack plenty of layer type clothes: sweatshirts, camis, leggings, etc...

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'm from Houston and found last Thanksgiving at Disney brrrr cold, highs in the 60's-70's and lows in the 50's...too cold for these gulf coast bones. I would pack plenty of layer type clothes: sweatshirts, camis, leggings, etc...
Yes I totally agree with you b/c we are from south Louisiana. Also as y'all know all to well too I'm sure our weather does the same like Florida so unpredictable from day to day in the fall/winter! Lol :)

Upvote 0

awoogala

tank tops, jeans, and hoodies..lol
a little of everything! one year, tanks and shorts, the next, jeans and hoodies over long sleeves. depends on the day/forecast.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Lots of layers. When I went in December, I would start with layers in the morning, by afternoon I was in a t-shirt, and then by night I was back to a sweatshirt/jacket. I love the idea though of casual clothes for the entire trip. My entire suitcase is packed full of running/yoga-esque cloths and tennis shoes when I go. I bring 1-2 outfits that are "nicer" for certain dinners. But, otherwise, I see no reason to be anything but uber-comfy - Have fun!

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Pack for warm & cool weather. The temps that time of year can change so much from afternoon til evening. When we went in November & December, I had jeans, sweatshirts, tees, flip flops, tennis shoes, and even a swimsuit just in case.

Upvote 0

Aurora1

Like everyone else said, pack for both. I come from up north (NJ) and when I was there one January (2010 I think) it was 30 degrees each day. It was cold even for me, and we had packed some layers, but certainly not enough for that weather. It was the coldest trip I've ever been on, but also one of the best because we pushed through the cold-weather pain and had a blast!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It depends on where you're from! My family lives in upstate NY and we're comfortable in shorts/capris with a t-shirt and fleece unless it's well below 60 degrees.

This site has some good recommendations (it integrates the current weather report for your destination) and I use it as a packing guide, although it often recommends one more layer than my cold-weather-acclimated family needs: http://www.vacationpacker.com/

Upvote 0

kfergdisney

Pack a rain jacket, pants, capris, t-shirts, long sleeved t-shirts...but like someone else said, be sure to look at the forecast right before you go and add or take away some items you may have packed. I'm all for tennis shoes on trips to WDW, so those are what I will bring.

Upvote 0

taz0162

We were there Dec 20-Jan 3 last year and. Day we checked in it was 92 and sunny. Some nights it got down into the 50's there was 1-2 days that it only reached the upper 60's. Layered a short and long sleeve shirt and topped it off with a Mickey Hoodie that I bought at Mouse Gears. My daughter got a Minnie Mouse Fleece to stay warm. My wife and son packed jackets so were fine. Previous Dec-Jan Trips were beautiful the entire time (mid-upper 80's low 90's). The weather is very unpredictable.

Upvote 0

Graham9

Pack enough for all weathers and dress in layers. It can get quite fresh in the mornings, but when the sun comes up, it can be sweltering hot. Allow for heavy showers at any time. Make use of a park locker to stash sweaters and coats until needed. There is nothing worse than a unexpected change in the weather/temperature and not be prepared for it. Been caught too many times.

Quality footwear is essential.

Upvote 0

mweier

if you bring flip-flops, I'd avoid them during park days unless you're used to walking 10 miles+ in sandals w/o getting blisters.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

As others have said. I check the 10 day up until you leave. That time of year, weather can be so unpredictable. I personally would pack for all seasons to be safe.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom