what to expect in august???

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
i never been to disney in the beginning of august what can i expect line wise weather etc.???
i just came back from going in the middle of may and it was hotter then when i usual go in july and i walked onto everything can i expect the same???
i want help from some of my disney forum pals on what to expect when i go.....:wave:

Heyyall

I've heard it can get really hot, but no one on the forums can really say for sure what the weather will be...

I think the lines can be kind of long too, but doesn't the end of August get a lot less crowded? I only go in early December when there's no lines, so I'm not too sure about that.
Have fun!

the_rich

in the middle of august it rains every day for about an hour , but the crowds are relatively low. 5 to 10 minuted wait for everything except splash which was 55 minutes and space which was 25 minutes. i'm goin again this august i think it s a great time to go. the kids in the southeast go back to school the second week of august.

BigNorm

I've been going the beginning of August for years. It's hot and there's almost always an afternoon rainshower. This past year it rained everyday of my vacation, period. We even sat through a tornado warning, the warning is the one where a funnel cloud has been spotted right, while we were at the Studios. Talk about excitement, that was pretty scary.

DiPSU224

I was there August 7-14 last year. It rained heavily everyday in the afternoon and about 3 times that week in the evening. When it wasn't raining, it was in the mid 90's and the sun was scorching. We waited at least 30-45 minutes in line at the major attractions, including Peter Pan and Snow White. Even though the weather wasn't at it's greatest, I couldn't complain because I was at least there. Hope this helps! :)

Worldphile

We went the second week in August many years ago for our Honeymoon.

It was Africa hot.

90+ degrees (Fahrenheit) everyday, 100% continuous humidity, and it rained every afternoon for an hour or more. On top of that, WDW was packed. There were long lines everywhere. During the day, the ride time chalk board at the top of Main Street just said "Go Home." (Not really. I may be exaggerating. :lol: )

The good thing about back then though, was that the parks were open later. MK was open until midnight, so we would get there as Fantasy in the Sky was ending (~10:30 pm), swim upstream against the stroller brigade leaving the park down Main Street, and have the whole MK pretty much to ourselves for an hour and a half.

The crowds might be different, but I'm pretty sure the weather will be the same.

We've never gone back in August, nor will we.

tigsmom

We went the last few years in August....its HOT, & HUMID. There was rain every day lasting an hour or two. We only got rained out one day. Its crowded...wait time at the TestTrack the day we were there was over 2 hours & FastPass return at 11:30 was 6 pm. The parks may have been more crowded last year due to the FairyTale package that was being run. Will be going in mid July this year. :wave:

bartman454

I remember that Norm that was a scary little day, especially as a CM we had to move everyone into the soundstages for about half an hour, it was probably the scariest thing to happen to me since i've started working.

WDW Cast Member

I remeber the day you were talking about as well Norm. Just be glad you were in the group of about 150 that were forgotten in one of the soundstages for close to an hour after everyone else was told it was safe to go outside...whoops!

We go in aug every year. Yes we were stuck at the beach club during the tornado warning this year. It was hot, very hot. Even Dh got a temperature tantrum this time. I must say it was really more rain then we wanted to deal with. A big storm caught us off guard and everyone made a mad dash out of the swan/dolphin pool. I really think the lifeguard should have had us out much sooner especially when you are trying to keep track of 3 ds. We brought our own drinks into the park and they ran out really fast. Also alot of the nicer sit down restraunts were sold out and would not take any walk ups. Boy am I glad we had priority seatings. This happened at Crystal Palace in MK for lunch., Chef Mickey at the Contemporary for dinner and also the fantasmic dinner pkg. at hollywood and vine. Maybe more, but they are the ones I remember off hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom