What to expect at Expo...

Jenngusto

Original Poster
Hello all:)
In a few weeks my.mom and I will participate in our first rundisney 5k. That being said, we have no idea what to expect...we arrive Wednesday night and the expo opens Thursday... what should we expect? Should we wait until afternoon Thursday to pick up our bibs and such as it will be the first day but we have to as the 5k is the next morning? I worry about peeps being crazy over being the first in the door (you know how rope drop can be). Will it be like other nonDisney race packet pick up at other 5ks I've run and marathons I've helped at? You know, music playing, booths with running stuff, locals, etc.

Thank you in advance again for all your help! We are both so excited!!:happy::happy::happy:

dreamfinder

The Expo map will be in the event guidebook, which should be coming out shortly. If you don't need/want any of the runDisney merch, then you have no need to get there early. 5k merch may hang on a little bit longer, but they also usually don't have much available in the first place, maybe a pin or two and a t-shirt. The first few hours will be nuts with everyone trying to get the runDisney merch, but it tends to calm down after that. There will be booths from other vendors, sponsors, etc along with a few talks/presentations from various people (Galloway usually does like 2 talks a day)

imagination30

ditto to all that was said .. but beware i dont know if they are doing it new this year , but with marahton weekend , for some reason they made you walk around the world to get in to get your packet , then out side and out a diffrent way to get your shirt? , which was alot of walking .. but have fun take it all in .. bc the expo is part of the run disney expeirence!

Texas84

ditto to all that was said .. but beware i dont know if they are doing it new this year , but with marahton weekend , for some reason they made you walk around the world to get in to get your packet , then out side and out a diffrent way to get your shirt? , which was alot of walking .. but have fun take it all in .. bc the expo is part of the run disney expeirence!

Good point on the walking. I've never done a Princess but Marathon Weekend and W&D you go into one building for packet then another building for the shirts. But if you do Goofy or Dopey you get your packet and shirts in the same building. Very nice. But there was another long walk to get pre-ordered items like pins.

dreamfinder

As long as they have a need for multiple spaces to accommodate vendors, they will try to make you visit it all. That's why the shirts and merch are at the very back of the building, so you need to go by as many vendors/sponsors as possible to get to the stuff you need.

Greenlawler

Enjoy the Expo. It is fun to window shop, and there is such energy for the upcoming race.

Tip: Try your official race tshirt on while there, sometimes the fits are bizarre.

Amen, I am in that crazy window where larges usually fit but are snug and x-large is like a tent. So with runDisney shirts one race I could wear a loose large and the next race it might not even fit.

The races I have enjoyed the expo the most are the years we have nothing else planned and we mill about with nowhere to go. We met Sean Astin one year, he was uber cool and talked to us for like 20 minutes. We have done lunch in the quick service venue there, we actually sat with some contestants from "The Bachelor" one year (my wife knew who they were I didn't).

Anyways just take it all in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom