What to do???

Jen0504

I am taking my teenage sons to WDW at the beginning of December. Ok, I know I am way over thinking this whole thing, but now I am stressed. I have booked our trip for Dec 6-12. Well, I found out that this is Pop Warner week, and have heard and read all sorts of horror stories. It is not too late to change our dates, so would I be better off going the week before which is the week right after Thanksgiving? According to Touring Plans the crowd level is a little higher the week after Thanksgiving than it is during Pop Warner week. HELP!!! :veryconfu

Jen0504

Original Poster
OK, so I ended up changing our dates to 11/29 - 12/5. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about Pop Warner. I was also informed that for the first time they will be having spill over Pop Warner people at Pop Century. However, the deciding factor was the High School counselor told me it would be better for the boys to miss the week after Thanksgiving. SO, now that is settled I can relax and count down the days! :sohappy: Booked MVMCP for Dec 1st...very excited! Oh, thought I would share something that the CM told me when I was changing our reservations. I had asked him about the parade taping and the crowds. He stated that they have not yet scheduled the parade taping, and that it is actually taped while the park is closed. :)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
OK, so I ended up changing our dates to 11/29 - 12/5. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about Pop Warner. I was also informed that for the first time they will be having spill over Pop Warner people at Pop Century. However, the deciding factor was the High School counselor told me it would be better for the boys to miss the week after Thanksgiving. SO, now that is settled I can relax and count down the days! :sohappy: Booked MVMCP for Dec 1st...very excited! Oh, thought I would share something that the CM told me when I was changing our reservations. I had asked him about the parade taping and the crowds. He stated that they have not yet scheduled the parade taping, and that it is actually taped while the park is closed. :)
If you are referring to the Christmas parade the CM is misinformed. The parade is taped while the park is open and you can watch it.

But.........

It is a highly overrated experience as they do not simply run the parade and film it. It is done like any other TV production where they will do things over and over again. You might see a float and performance 4 or 5 times while they get it just right. This can and does get incredibly boring.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

We've gone the week after Thanksgiving many times and the crowds have never been a problem. Also gone during Pop Warner, not knowing what it was or anything about it and it drove us crazy! The kids on the buses were horrible and the resort wasn't much better. If you decided to go a week early, I don't think you'd be disappointed!

Upvote 0

eroyee

We have run into the cheerleaders at POR and CBR both. they drove us crazy chanting and yelling on the busses but other than that, didnt see them too much. Oh, yeah, they took over the food court at POR one morning. what a zoo! and they practiced all day and nite on the lawns. Didnt see much of them in the parks, though. Your dates sound better than the old ones you had. And yes, they tape the parade during the daytime. Your CM was misinformed.........

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom