What to do while DS5 cruises at POR?

MouseearsDeb

DS5 will be taking the Sassagoula (Jester) River Adventure cruise at POR on Thurs. Oct. 5. What would be a good activity for DH, DS14 and myself to do for a couple of hours (1.5-2) while he's doing this? We're planning on catching a light breakfast at the Riverside Mill before his adventure begins. I thought maybe mini-golf, but I'm not sure how far away any of the courses are from POR. :brick:

Thanks in advance for the help!
Deb

Would you feel comfortable taking the boat to DTD? I've heard it's only a 20 min. ride to get there...you could all shop, grab a shake or ice cream at Ghirardelli, and then come back and get him. Just a thought:)

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

IT really depends on what time he is doing his cruise. The boats and busses don't start running to DTD until later in the morning - they use all of the busses for the parks until about 11:00 am.

You could spend some time at the pool of course, or take a walk around the resorts - that's a pretty walk over to French Quarter from Riverside... depending on what time the boats start running that day, you can walk over to French Quarter, play some games in the arcade, and then take the boat back to Riverside.

Another option would be to give DS5 a quick breakfast, and then the rest of you go to Riverside Mill for your sit down breakfast while DS5 is already off on the cruise.

You would be surprised how quickly time passes.

Upvote 0

kennygman

Just tour around POR. It's a real pretty resort. Maybe get something to eat. Son will eat a PBJ and such on his cruise. Keep trying on the Pirate cruises though. I called the CBR Marina for our vacation time in Aug and they had lots of space available while all the others were full up. Enjoy your vacation and if he does the Jester cruise, please give us a report, can't find em on the web anywhere.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Mini-golf is too far away. How about renting one of those surrey bikes and riding over to POFQ or something like that? Other thing I might suggest is DTD if the boats are even running yet. Or, theres an arcade at POR if your kids like that kind of stuff. have fun.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

trr313

Bill Smugs said:
You could rent a boat at the POR marina.

This is what I would do or as someone else mentioned have a nice sit down breakfast at Boatwright's. Boatwright's has a great breakfast omelette(sp?).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom