What to do now

Flower

Okay! Everything seems to be confirmed on the other boards. I have a new intinerary to put together because I did use EE, shows running daily, normal park hours, etc...

Disney has not posted the new hours and entertainment schedule yet.

Can anyone recommend which park to visit which day without EE to determine the flow of things? How short will hours be? If the park closes at 5, is it still possible to take a break at the hotel and return?

Your opinions are very welcome!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My best guess on the hours will be something like this.....

AK 9 - 5
MK and MGM 9 - 7
Epcot 9 - 9

I cant see it falling much shorter than that.

With those kinda hours, I would personally not take an afternoon break. Although I never did that even in the good old days of 9 -midnight :)

Upvote 0

Flower

Original Poster
We have two little ones, so the rest seems like a nice idea.

Any thoughts on which park to visit which day?

P.S. Have I mentioned that in these troubled WDW times, I LOVE YOU GUYS! You are all very helpful!:king:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Flower
Okay! Everything seems to be confirmed on the other boards. I have a new intinerary to put together because I did use EE, shows running daily, normal park hours, etc...

Disney has not posted the new hours and entertainment schedule yet.

Can anyone recommend which park to visit which day without EE to determine the flow of things? How short will hours be? If the park closes at 5, is it still possible to take a break at the hotel and return?

Your opinions are very welcome!

If a park is closing at 5, I would not plan on a break. You need a good hour travel time to get back and forth to the hotel, especially with little ones! You have to 1. decide to go back 2.get out of the park, get to your transportation (be it resort or private car) 3.get to the hotel 4.don't forget you'll need to eat! 5.if it's hot, the kids will want the pool, if not, it still takes a while to get them down 6.if you CAN get them down, they'll fall asleep 5 mins before you planned to return, or will fall asleep on the way back 7. if you wake them, they'll be cranky for the rest of the afternoon, and you'll be no better off than toughing it out in the park!!

Upvote 0

BambamZamo

According to the Unofficial guide to WDW 2001

Least crowded days:

MK — Friday and Wednesday
MGM — Thursday and Friday
EPCOT — Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (Nov and Dec)
Saturdays and Sundays (Sep and OCt)
AK — Monday, Friday or Sunday.

Hope this help you, I'm going to the World in 15 days! (11/4 — 11/16)

:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Maria

Re: Re: What to do now

Originally posted by marciahahn

If a park is closing at 5, I would not plan on a break. You need a good hour travel time to get back and forth to the hotel, especially with little ones! You have to 1. decide to go back 2.get out of the park, get to your transportation (be it resort or private car) 3.get to the hotel 4.don't forget you'll need to eat! 5.if it's hot, the kids will want the pool, if not, it still takes a while to get them down 6.if you CAN get them down, they'll fall asleep 5 mins before you planned to return, or will fall asleep on the way back 7. if you wake them, they'll be cranky for the rest of the afternoon, and you'll be no better off than toughing it out in the park!!

You couldn´t say it better! I personally don´t find the "break" very convenient unless you are staying there for two weeks and have pleeeeeenty of time to go back to each park as many times you want. If you want to take advantage of the park and shows, stay there and take your breaks at the restaurants or somewhere in the park. Getting out and into the park again with kids could take forever, plus, you will have to walk more! :)

Upvote 0

Megara

With our two little ones we planned on lunches being the big meal of the day, to give everyone a rest while in the parks. Then we continued on. Once back at the hotel all they wanted to do was swim anyway, so it worked out fine.

I was hearing that the World Showcase was not going to open until 12 noon regularly, but can't confirm that yet. I don't know if that would make a difference to you.

Upvote 0

Chris

When are you going? I have noticed that the short days at MK correspond to the Halloween party. I don't think hours will be cut much more. I would actually look for them to increase the closer you get to the holidays.

Upvote 0

Flower

Original Poster
We will arrive on Nov. 4, leaving Nov.11.

Based on the 3 days for the end of October, I've planned the following:

Sunday - Relax, swim
Monday - MK 1st thing until we drop. Return to OKW, relax. Go to Cape May Cafe for PS, then to WS for Illuminations (I hope they will have it!)
Tuesday - Relax, swim
Wednesday - MGM w/PS at H&V for late lunch. Fantasmic @ 6:30 (once again, I hope they will have it. Spoke to CM @ CRO today who said she could not imagine them cancelling Fantasmic.)
After Fantasmic, go to Poly for EWP.
Thursday - Relax, swim, have buffet at GF w/ Mary Poppins.
Friday - EPCOT and WS til about 3. PS @ Kona Cafe then to MK for evening entertainment.
Saturday - swim, relax, pack.

I'll sit down and wait for your comments, opinions.

Upvote 0

Megara

Quote: Monday - MK 1st thing until we drop. Return to OKW, relax. Go to Cape May Cafe for PS, then to WS for Illuminations (I hope they will have it!)

I was just wondering if you are driving or using WDW transport. It's likely possible to walk from the Beach Club to go see Illuminations...I think. But it sounds like a busy day. :)

I've heard nothing about changing Illuminations schedules, only a rumor that the parades may not run as often.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom