what to do for someone special's B-day at Disney?

JenLUVSmickey

Ok guys and gals, I need your help. I booked a trip to Disney World arriving on April 6, 2006. Which also happens to be my friends Birthday. Now I booked the Segway tour as a surprise b/c he really wanted to do that. But to get to my point, that night I want to take him somewhere nice for a B-day dinner. Any suggestions?? Any Ideas would be great! We mostly visit the Epcot restaurants when we go but I was looking for some other ideas. Please share any B-day experiences you have had. Thanks. :)

BRER STITCH

Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue is always fun for celebrating special events!

If you want to end on a romantic note, take a carriage ride right outside Frontier Hall after dinner!

Otherwise, take the WDW Boat back over to the Magic Kingdom and watch WISHES from the top of the train station!

I've celebrated birthdays with dinners at The Liberty Tree, O'hana, Chef Mickey's, and Tony's Town Square! ALL WERE WONDERFUL! As long as you are celebrating with friends, what could be more magical than being at WDW???

:)

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

Make sure you get a birthday button from Guest Services at each park. Cast Members will tell you happy birthday all day long and some may even sing. You can pick these up on any day; it doesn't have to be the exact birthday.

Upvote 0

JenLUVSmickey

Original Poster
BRER STITCH said:
Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue is always fun for celebrating special events!

If you want to end on a romantic note, take a carriage ride right outside Frontier Hall after dinner!

Otherwise, take the WDW Boat back over to the Magic Kingdom and watch WISHES from the top of the train station!

I've celebrated birthdays with dinners at The Liberty Tree, O'hana, Chef Mickey's, and Tony's Town Square! ALL WERE WONDERFUL! As long as you are celebrating with friends, what could be more magical than being at WDW???

:)

Thank you! I am looking into Chef Mickeys. I think that might be fun and a new place to try.

Upvote 0

JenLUVSmickey

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Make sure you get a birthday button from Guest Services at each park. Cast Members will tell you happy birthday all day long and some may even sing. You can pick these up on any day; it doesn't have to be the exact birthday.

You must have read my mind! I was just coming back to ask about that! So the resorts themselves don't have them?

Upvote 0

daverube

JenLUVSmickey said:
You must have read my mind! I was just coming back to ask about that! So the resorts themselves don't have them?

We had to go to customer service in MGM/DS on my fiancee's birthday two years ago. She showed her ID and was given the birthday pin. Every CM we ran into said happy birthday...some even gave us extra fast passes. We went to the Sci-Fi Cafe for lunch and she received a free sundae (it was big enough for 3-4 people) and they sang some type of birthday song.

Following lunch, we hopped over to MK and were given the same regal treatment....

I don't know about getting the pin at your hotel....we stayed at Pop-Century for that trip and were told by customer service at the hotel to see customer service at whatever park we went to.

Also, Disney's flower shop (its in park) has good flowers for a decent price....more expensive than my regular place at home, but they delivered them to the room while we were in the park and left them arranged very nicely...

I hope this helps...

Good luck and have fun!!

dave

Upvote 0

MissM

We were just there Saturday (2/18) for Love's birthday and I made him wear the button. CM's wished him Happy Birthday all day long, a CM at Cosmic Ray's gave him some free cake, we had guests wishing him Happy Birthday and even a few who sung. It was a lot of fun. Definitely a nice addition to your day in addition to whatever else you do.
-m

Upvote 0

JenLUVSmickey

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. I was hoping to get the pin for him and make him wear it. It might be a battle to get him to go in and actually show ID. I will do my best. I want to make it special since our family and friends won't be around.

Upvote 0

specialwishes

special birthday

When you go to MK, go into customer relations desk up front, and just ask for a birthday pin. You don't have to show an I.D. I have gotten a pin every year for the past four years, I have never had to show an I.D., and even though I'm way past thirty, it still is a thrill to be standing there watching the parade and having some special person, like Mary Poppins, say "Happy Birthday"!!!!:D :D By the way, the birthday pin is different at each park so get a pin in any park you visit. If you are staying on property, make sure you let the front desk know the night before and the morning of your friend's birthday. Usually, you will have a special treat waiting in the room that evening:sohappy:

Upvote 0

TimonRulz

Yeah, definitely Chef Mickey's! That's a lot of fun. You can also reserve a pantoon boat and it will sail out on one of the lakes to watch the fireworks at night. That's pretty neat. They decorate the boat and you can have Disney provide the food and birthday cake and drinks. It could be a bit pricey when you add all that. Just a neat thing though. I didn't even know about the boats until I asked a reservation person what kinds of things she might recommend. We have done the Illuminations cruise at Epcot twice and the Wishes one once. Illuminations is pretty dang close to the fireworks. :lol:
Well, just something I'd throw out there. There are all kinds of great places at Disney to celebrate a birthday. That should be a blast regardless!

Upvote 0

Peter Parker

TimonRulz said:
Yeah, definitely Chef Mickey's! That's a lot of fun. You can also reserve a pantoon boat and it will sail out on one of the lakes to watch the fireworks at night. That's pretty neat. They decorate the boat and you can have Disney provide the food and birthday cake and drinks. It could be a bit pricey when you add all that. Just a neat thing though. I didn't even know about the boats until I asked a reservation person what kinds of things she might recommend. We have done the Illuminations cruise at Epcot twice and the Wishes one once. Illuminations is pretty dang close to the fireworks. :lol:
Well, just something I'd throw out there. There are all kinds of great places at Disney to celebrate a birthday. That should be a blast regardless!

COULD YOU (TIMONRULZ) GIVE ME MORE INFO ON HOW AND WHERE TO GET THE ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE OR THE BOAT??? THANKS....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom