What to do for New Years - Special Events?

X12345

Ok, so I read in another post Epcot is fun for new years, what other places could be the place to be? I have little ones that are extreme night owls, so we will be up for sure to celebrate 2006. I definitely want to include them, so I know pleasure Island is out.

mpaul32001

:wave: :wave: Pretty All of the Three WDW Parks that are open (Magic Kingdom, MGM, EPCOT) All have special fireworks and are open late. I know MK was open until 2am for the 4th of July. Be expecting this for New Years also. They all have countdowns (I'm pretty sure, someone check up on me for that) and fireworks. Be expecting some of the seasonal rides to be open if not all. Downtown Disney also has New Years fireworks. (It does everynight anyway) I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

X12345

Original Poster
Thanks! Does it make sense to try and reserve something special?

mpaul32001 said:
:wave: :wave: Pretty All of the Three WDW Parks that are open (Magic Kingdom, MGM, EPCOT) All have special fireworks and are open late. I know MK was open until 2am for the 4th of July. Be expecting this for New Years also. They all have countdowns (I'm pretty sure, someone check up on me for that) and fireworks. Be expecting some of the seasonal rides to be open if not all. Downtown Disney also has New Years fireworks. (It does everynight anyway) I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

mpaul32001

Yes it does because you should probably reserve now. It will be booked soon so don't delay! Reserve today! lol. You should reserve for a resturaunt because the food is excellent! If you want you could even reserve a seat for one of the nightime shows such as Fantasmic! or Illuminations. Try the Illuminations Dinner! I don't remember what it's called but i'm sure someone will be along to tell you about it! It's the Best!:slurp:

Upvote 0

X12345

Original Poster
mpaul32001 said:
Yes it does because you should probably reserve now. It will be booked soon so don't delay! Reserve today! lol. You should reserve for a resturaunt because the food is excellent! If you want you could even reserve a seat for one of the nightime shows such as Fantasmic! or Illuminations. Try the Illuminations Dinner! I don't remember what it's called but i'm sure someone will be along to tell you about it! It's the Best!:slurp:

I do have the fantasmic show for new years, but I believe that ends around 10/1030 for the first show, right? I was thinking about something around midnight. I gues since I am in MGM that night, I may be interested in staying there, but since I can park hop, anything goes.

Upvote 0

McArcDes

On New Years Eve park hopping is pretty much out of the question. We were at the MK this past New Years Eve and they closed the park at 10:00 am. We got there at 8:30 am, rode everything we wanted by 10:00 am and just shopped and rested until midnight. They put on the most Awsome fireworkd I had ever seen. They started going off behind the castle with a identical set going off behind the train statioin and then at midnight they set them off all around the park. We were in town square infront the train station. It was the most crowded I had ever seen the MK. You could not move a step in any direction. Still it was well worth it!

If you are going to be at the Studios I would plan on staying there. As for Priority Seating, make them now. There will not be any availability if you wait till you get there.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

X12345

Original Poster
I just saw on another site that last year they had fireworks at mgm as well as others. Can I assume that this year will be the same? Anyone heard of the events this year yet?

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

It's been awhile since I've gone to NYE at the studios, but I recall they always had a DJ and entertainment by the hat and by the backlot there was also more music.

Upvote 0

LilDucky

jpstajdl said:
Thanks! Does it make sense to try and reserve something special?
Busy is an understatement! If you are at all planning on a sit down dinner for that evening, I would go ahead and do that quickly for peace of mind!

Upvote 0

X12345

Original Poster
LilDucky said:
Busy is an understatement! If you are at all planning on a sit down dinner for that evening, I would go ahead and do that quickly for peace of mind!

thanks. Already booked the brown derby/fantasmic package. I have an early dinner though, 5:10PM. Now that I think about it, I hear that I will most likely have a wait anyway. So by the time we finish dinner, it may be just the right time to get in line for the reserved seating.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom