What to do before 11am At Epcot

Giss Neric

Use that as an opportunity to take pics all over World Showcase. I did that recently and fooled almost everyone in my social media (who has never heard of Epcot or WS).

Minthorne

We are going Sunday - staying at SSR we plan to have Brunch at House of Blues then go back to the resort then head to Epcot around 1-2 since it will be open until 9

acollins876

I like that idea and wondering what to do with myself before Epcot opens, but you’d have to check the operating hours of the skyliner to IG....supposedly currently, it doesn‘t start going there until 10:30.
Hmm. I'll check into that. Getting back to the original idea of Pop to MK to Poly...Take a bus to MK, then another bus to the Poly since the MR isn't running there?

ls3015

Epcot will soon open at 12pm. Unfortunately, World Showcase isn't an option until 12pm. It seems like Disney Springs has become a decent option for pre-Epcot activities.
So Why the 11:00 or 12:00 pm opening, surely Disney can get cast members to start at 8 or 9 like they used to, Why the late opening and early closing, is Disney refunding back some of the park ticket prices for only 1/2 day in the parks,. Just before Covid Disney was doing this 1/2 day ticket sales thing at reduced costs, (not much saving though), It's not good to limit the Magic to next to none. Why is Disney doing this, It can't be just because of the thing called Covid, I would think someone could catch sickness even after 11:00 o clock opening, with the flu we did.

jaklgreen

So Why the 11:00 or 12:00 pm opening, surely Disney can get cast members to start at 8 or 9 like they used to, Why the late opening and early closing, is Disney refunding back some of the park ticket prices for only 1/2 day in the parks,. Just before Covid Disney was doing this 1/2 day ticket sales thing at reduced costs, (not much saving though), It's not good to limit the Magic to next to none. Why is Disney doing this, It can't be just because of the thing called Covid, I would think someone could catch sickness even after 11:00 o clock opening, with the flu we did.
It's purely a cost cutting measure. Nothing to do with people getting sick. World showcase always opened at 11 because no one went there before that. I agree that it is a bad decision. They should at least stay open later.

ls3015

It's purely a cost cutting measure. Nothing to do with people getting sick. World showcase always opened at 11 because no one went there before that. I agree that it is a bad decision. They should at least stay open later.
Cost cutting, I can't believe that when Disney must have lost thousands during the shutdown, There has to be another reason!

Lilofan

Pre 9/11/01, World Showcase opened at 9am. Post 9/11/01, the area moved to later opening time which was 11am.

jaklgreen

Pre 9/11/01, World Showcase opened at 9am. Post 9/11/01, the area moved to later opening time which was 11am.
Ok, so you think that it's to cut down on ppl getting sick like the person I quoted? What other, logical reason would there be to open so late? It all comes down to money.

NelleBelle

Cost cutting, I can't believe that when Disney must have lost thousands during the shutdown, There has to be another reason!
Agree with the fact the World Showcase has always opened at 11am. Isn't Future World currently undergoing a big rehab? Maybe opening early has something to do with that or the fact that Epcot has been the least attended of the parks since reopening? With a lot of the dining options shuttered in World Showcase, they don't have the need right at the moment to stay open late, especially with no fireworks show.

But I thought I just saw that all the parks are adjusted their hours...
https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/oper...ees-hours-return-to-something-more-normal.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom