What to collect, now?

Dave B

My family has been collecting Vinylmations since 2010. It's been tradition that we buy at least 1 blind box a day to open back in the room after we have our pjs on. Well, that is no longer the case since we can't find more than 2 a trip. Sooo, what I'm asking is this: What do we collect now? We aren't "pin people". We've tried that, but the market was flooded and it doesn't give us the same thrill. I know lots of folks enjoy that, I wish we did, too! But, nonetheless, we need a new collectible. We (me) would like to keep it under the $15 mark. Thanks!
What are Vinlymations?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I no longer trade pins but will buy for the following: the year I'm there, any special event, fav ride experience, fav character, and resort pin for where I'm staying if it's new. I did collect Disney Dooneys but one day I realized just how many of them (and Harvey's) I had and started to sell the ones that I wasn't using. So far, I've controlled the urge to buy new prints LOL. Well, except for a couple :angelic:

I don't buy every design, just the ones I think are particularly outstanding, unique or commemorative of a trip. Like the 3 I bought on my cruise recently. I really like the Aladdin, Dogs and Cats designs. I just don't like the style of crossover the design is offered on.

AndyS2992

What are Vinlymations?
Collectable 3 inch figures made out of vinyl, they are all in the shape of Mickey but have different designs printed on them. Essentially Disney's version of Funko Pops, though Vinylmation came out three years earlier.

IMG_0853.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Those are so cool, I have been like 8 times to WDW and have never seen those

I think you can still find them in the Emporium in MK, Mousegear in Epcot and World of Disney in Disney Springs. Used to be a separate vinylmation store in Disney Springs, but it may have become either the SW or Marvel store in that area around AMC. One of my daughter's ex's was a big collector and we visited that store frequently.

DABIGCHEEZ

We loved collecting the Vinylmation series. We have well over 300 of them, however, once they changed away from the original design, we knew they would start going down hill. We continued collecting them for some time after the change, but once they started really mass producing them... we stopped.

Aksmom

Original Poster
Those are so cool, I have been like 8 times to WDW and have never seen those
My husband started it on our daughters first trip. That man loves a blind box. Anyway, it's been a tradition for 10 years now. We have around 80. They were cool, Dave Ber! And I'm going to miss them ☹

pluto77

I no longer trade pins but will buy for the following: the year I'm there, any special event, fav ride experience, fav character, and resort pin for where I'm staying if it's new. I did collect Disney Dooneys but one day I realized just how many of them (and Harvey's) I had and started to sell the ones that I wasn't using. So far, I've controlled the urge to buy new prints LOL. Well, except for a couple :angelic:
That’s basically what I do with pins. I get one for the year, special event (if there is one that I don’t already have), resort pin (if staying at a new resort), and ride/attraction/park pins. Basically things that will remind me of the park, and maybe some day I’ll have different sets of pins for the majority of attractions in the different parks. I don’t go crazy with other random ones. Just sticking to those categories still leaves me with a lot of pins! 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom