What to Carry in the Parks

CAPTAIN HOOK

Small rucksack / backpack - sufficient for camera(s) and a camcorder (on the odd time when they're not in use), sun screen, a bottle of water and some small snack to nibble on between meals

tigsmom

I've used both the fannypack - works well, but my is too big and the pack just points that out to everyone :eek: - and a drawstring backpack which works out better for all of us. My girls and I (they are 10 & 17) each carry one. You can keep cameras (mine has a waterproof case), waterbottles, maps, autograph book & pens, etc in them and still have room for a poncho and not have it be too heavy to carry. We have been using them for the last for years and they work out fine.

We have been letting our oldest venture out on her own one afternoon during our trip while my DH takes the younger one to the water park. She has her cell phone to check in and is responsible enough to remember to do so.
She even called to ask for permission to buy something on her room card (she had the extra money in the room).
This last trip we let her & her sister hang out on the Boardwalk playing the arcade games & shopping while we had a drink with a friend at the Inn.
Again she had her cell and we could check on them. They headed back early and ended up in the room watching tv.
Only you know your kids. If you trust them, then I say let them try an afternoon or morning on their own. Set up guidelines and see that they stick to them or they won't be allowed to venture off again.

DisneyMarg

DisneySam said:
I have one of those drawstring backpack purses I use. Its the best for me, I have found. It carries anything I need and is big enough to put some of my small purchases in and cups.

I absolutely love my "string" backpack. It's lightweight, cool, and easy to get into. It's small but can still hold a lot - like a jacket, dry socks, etc. Plus it packs absolutely flat - like a shirt or something. These are so cheap that you should try one out. Even if you decide you don't care for it in the park, you will find a use for it sometime. I got my first one at a shoe store in the athletic shoes/bags section.

Here's a link to a photo of what we're talking about:
https://www.andretti.com/components/com_phpshop/shop_image/product/ca6b38e47d08ee76e64d122b6a51280a.jpg

disneylands

Account Suspended
madge said:
We let our 15-year old go off in the parks on his own, but only if we are in the same park at the same time. I'd rather us spend time together, but I have found that he's a MUCH happier camper if I allow him to go ride Space Mountain while we are riding Dumbo with his little sister :cool:

I have already laid down the law for this trip--he will be with us, more than he would probably like...I have very few pictures of him from our last trip, and I'm not going to make the same mistake twice!

I am 17 and my parents did the same thing when I was 15. The only way that we could separate is if we had walki talki's (sp?). But now we had cell phones so my parents allowed me to go anywhere through out the property, although I never really took advantage of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom