What time to head to DHS?

TheIndoorKid

I didn't want to interrupt the current Rise of the Resistance thread, so I'll post here. I'm planning on going to DHS on Monday. How early do you think would be a good time to head over there? How early will people start arriving?

JMcMahonEsq

It was my understanding that you had to already be buzzed into HS with your magic band before being able to join a boarding group? Was I mistaken or are they letting people into the park that early?

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

It was my understanding that you had to already be buzzed into HS with your magic band before being able to join a boarding group? Was I mistaken or are they letting people into the park that early?

You’re right about having to be buzzed into Studios, but They do seem to be letting people into HS early.

Friend of mine is down there currently with his family. He went to HS on Monday. Official opening time was supposed to be 8am, they got to the park to queue up at about 6:45am. They must have been letting people in already, because by a bit after 7am he had sent me a couple videos of them walking through the land

They also seem to be opening up the boarding pass system earlier than 8am, because they had gotten their boarding group by 7:30am

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It's been opening as much as 3 hours early (e.g., 6am with a scheduled 9am opening), with people able to enter the park and get a RoTR boarding group assignment. Other attractions (think rides, not shows or characters) have been up and running at that time, as well. As others said, RoTR boarding groups have been filling up before the park's official "opening" time many days. If it were I, I'd plan on arriving 2-3 hours before the park is scheduled to open (with a good book and a snack in my park bag, to keep me busy in case I have to wait to enter the park).

However, keep in mind that the situation is constantly evolving, and the operational procedures seem to be changing by the day. You'll want to keep stalking these forums and similar sites right up until your visit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

Still no standby?? How is getting to the parks at 5 am a vacation. Hope this dies down (I doubt it though) by my next trip jeez

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Today - official scheduled park open was 7am. Security opened 5:20am, tap styles opened at 6:35 and boarding groups available as soon as you entered them, all boarding groups gone by 7:20am.

I'd aim to arrive between 5am and 5:30am.

Other rides are a walk on at that hour, such as Slinky Dog Dash.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Still no standby?? How is getting to the parks at 5 am a vacation. Hope this does down (I doubt it though) by my next trip jeez
The ride opened a week ago, they are still working out the kinks, and it is extremely popular AND it is December and crowds are increasing and will keep increasing until early January. Boarding groups are going to be used into next year.

Upvote 0
Today - official scheduled park open was 7am. Security opened 5:20am, tap styles opened at 6:35 and boarding groups available as soon as you entered them, all boarding groups gone by 7:20am.

I'd aim to arrive between 5am and 5:30am.

Other rides are a walk on at that hour, such as Slinky Dog Dash.
We'll be at Disney in early February and staying at the Floridian. In order to get to DHS between 5 am and 5:30 am, I'm guessing we'll need to get an Uber/Lyft? We've always relied on Disney transportation on previous trips, but with RoTR, looks like it won't be operating early enough.

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

We'll be at Disney in early February and staying at the Floridian. In order to get to DHS between 5 am and 5:30 am, I'm guessing we'll need to get an Uber/Lyft? We've always relied on Disney transportation on previous trips, but with RoTR, looks like it won't be operating early enough.

If you don’t have a rental, Uber/Lyft seems to be the best choice. We’ll be using one of them next week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom