What time does ECV rental office open?

Smiley/OCD

Do you need the ECV for the whole vacation or just the one day? If you need it multiple days, you'd be MUCH better off renting from Buena Vista scooters or another Disney approved company. They'll deliver it right to your resort and you can use it anywhere 24/7. It's also MUCH cheaper over the duration of your trip.

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
This is so helpful! My mom actually needs it the whole time. We’re spending 3 days, 2 nights. She has her own at home, but my parents want to try and rent when we’re there as opposed to hauling it. Was just thinking we would need it to get around resort, we thought of taking buses from resort to park (were just doing AK one day), and then Disney Springs day prior. So, we could use the ECV at Disney Springs with the idea you have shared. Curious though if the buses allow an ECV on them from the resort? Or, is that a dumb question?

Goofyernmost

This is so helpful! My mom actually needs it the whole time. We’re spending 3 days, 2 nights. She has her own at home, but my parents want to try and rent when we’re there as opposed to hauling it. Was just thinking we would need it to get around resort, we thought of taking buses from resort to park (were just doing AK one day), and then Disney Springs day prior. So, we could use the ECV at Disney Springs with the idea you have shared. Curious though if the buses allow an ECV on them from the resort? Or, is that a dumb question?
Not a dumb question, just an obvious answer. All buses in this country are required to accommodate any mobility appliance as long as they have handicapped access built in. Most that didn't have been aged out by now and almost always existed with Disney Transportation at least in the past 40 years or so. In other words, nothing to worry about, nothing will stand in her way of enjoying the visit.

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
Not a dumb question, just an obvious answer. All buses in this country are required to accommodate any mobility appliance as long as they have handicapped access built in. Most that didn't have been aged out by now and almost always existed with Disney Transportation at least in the past 40 years or so. In other words, nothing to worry about, nothing will stand in her way of enjoying the visit.
Wonderful!! Well then I will def use your suggestion for ECV rental. So glad you posted on his thread!

Smiley/OCD

If you are going to rent from an outside company, a couple of tips (some "veterans" are getting tired of seeing me post this, but oh well) BEFORE you leave the resort, have your mom take 15 minutes to ride the ECV around the resort. Let her learn how it handles, steers, stops and how fast it actually goes. (don't worry, it's not fast at all). This ONE tip will make your family's trip much LESS stressful. Don't forget to plug in EVERY night...nothing worse than getting ready to leave in the morning and seeing there's only a 20% charge!! Lastly, take the cord with you all day. If the ECV starts to run a little low, ask a CM at a restaurant if you can "plug in" while dining...every little bit of juice helps!
I don't know when you're going, but I would reserve it sooner rather than later. Please use these tips, and have a magical time!!!

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
If you are going to rent from an outside company, a couple of tips (some "veterans" are getting tired of seeing me post this, but oh well) BEFORE you leave the resort, have your mom take 15 minutes to ride the ECV around the resort. Let her learn how it handles, steers, stops and how fast it actually goes. (don't worry, it's not fast at all). This ONE tip will make your family's trip much LESS stressful. Don't forget to plug in EVERY night...nothing worse than getting ready to leave in the morning and seeing there's only a 20% charge!! Lastly, take the cord with you all day. If the ECV starts to run a little low, ask a CM at a restaurant if you can "plug in" while dining...every little bit of juice helps!
I don't know when you're going, but I would reserve it sooner rather than later. Please use these tips, and have a magical time!!!
Wow!! Great tips! I would have never thought of those things. Thanks a bunch. And I’ll call today about reserving the ECV.

DisneyJoe

Depending on who you rent from, the charger may be attached to the rear storage pocket of the ECV with a steel cable, it cannot be removed. It is attached with Buena Vista.

As far as speed, many don't know that the speed is variable, look for it, usually on the top left of the control panel. ALWAYS lower the speed when driving onto a bus or monorail.

Also be aware of the key! If you need to park the ECV for some reason and leave it, take the key with you, all of those that I have rented in the past years have a wrist strap for the key. It cannot be driven without the key.

Smiley/OCD

Depending on who you rent from, the charger may be attached to the rear storage pocket of the ECV with a steel cable, it cannot be removed. It is attached with Buena Vista.

As far as speed, many don't know that the speed is variable, look for it, usually on the top left of the control panel. ALWAYS lower the speed when driving onto a bus or monorail.

Also be aware of the key! If you need to park the ECV for some reason and leave it, take the key with you, all of those that I have rented in the past years have a wrist strap for the key. It cannot be driven without the key.
great advice...I never thought about the key!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom