What Time Do You Go To The Magic Kingdom??

What time do you go to the Magic Kingdom?

• Park opening when the rope drops

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Morning (One to two hours after park opening)

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Afternoon (Noon to three)

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Evening (Dusk)

Votes: 13 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WDWFigment

Since we invariably end up there after the other parks have closed (we plan our trips around when MK is open latest, as well as when they're offering the most evening EMH) until 2-3 a.m., I chose dusk. Fewer crowds then, too.

Jason21783

Its not a trip to Disney without being at ropedrop at the MK. Rides feel different in the morning. There's nothing like taking a big wiff of Space Mountain to start off your day. Running down the star tunnel, with no one around you, thats my happy place.

Its also great though, to come back after dark and do it all over again. Morning MK and night MK are two different, awesome experiences.

carol5739

Best time to do Disney is at night when there are open for the magical hours. My family and I did that one night and we rode on splash mountaion 4 times no crowds

dixiepixie

This is how we have been planning our MK days for our last 5 trips...

First Day of Trip - We save up and wait to go to MK at sunset...that way we are entering the park just at nightfall and the castle is all lit up.
For the past 3 trips this day has been the PM/EMH so we have stayed in the park until 2 or 3AM that night
Second Day of Trip - Up early (even with the late night before, we can sleep later) and at MK to see the Opening Ceremony and are at the rope when it drops, stay 'til around lunch time
On the AM/EMH morning at MK (usually the 5th day of our trip) we are there for the rope drop
Our Last day - is always MK all day open to close with no breaks and no hopping

dixiepixie

Its not a trip to Disney without being at ropedrop at the MK. Rides feel different in the morning. There's nothing like taking a big wiff of Space Mountain to start off your day. Running down the star tunnel, with no one around you, thats my happy place.

Its also great though, to come back after dark and do it all over again. Morning MK and night MK are two different, awesome experiences.

I completely agree!!

Jellyfish

We just went whenever, if we had finished with a park, then we'd just ponder around to another one, we found that Magic Kingdom was more busy around midday. About5-onwards into Magic Hours it was a bit quieter, we never went in the morning.

Although, here's a tip, Animal Kingdom (especially in the days where you have the Magic Hours for this park in the morning) is nearly dead. I don't know if the same applies to other parks but we got on a good 5/6 rides straight away untill Magic Hours finished and the others came in. Some rides don't open untill certain times though, but you can que for them about 10 mins before the park is due open to the general public so you get in first :D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I've seen the MK opening, but I've always wondered if the other parks do any kind of show/ceremony?

AK : characters at gates till they open then Mickey and Crew hold the hordes at the base of the hub.
DHS: In 07 there were some of the street performers at the top of Hollywood Blvd.
Epcot: Character bus followed by a forced march to the Land pavillion

DisneyMusician2

I always like to get there and get out early before Wishes.

Unless they are doing the 12AM to 3AM Evening EMH. Crowds usually clear out about an hour into it. :)

juliedean

As long as possible

Hi All,
We are hardcore too. Arrive when the rope drops ad stay until kicking out time.Wouldn't want it any other way. :ROFLOL:

Sassagoula-Rvr

I like to get in when the park opens and then be back at the resort either swimming or relaxing by about 1. I went this year with a group of people and they were like, we don't need to get in the park until 10-11 because we're on vacation how dare we wake up before 9. It was unbearable I eventually had to say you do your thing I'll do mine. In the morning it is cooler and you can take more in and then get out when the heat is up and the crowds are there, then you return in the evening.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I've never been to the rope drop but I have seen videos of it on youtube and it looks great! I'm not sure if somebody has already asked this but what time should you get to the park if you wish to get a good spot for the opening show?

Jenna

I've been to MK about 6 times and have never seen the rope drop-its a top priority for next years trip! We usually arrive at about 10am and no breaks no leaving no anything except MK! Stay until after wishes! I love being in the park all day and just watching how it changes as the day progresses, its awesome seeing the castle both in day light and then lit up at night time! AAAAGH! How on earth am I gonna wait another year until Disney!?!

Disneykidder

Nothing beats MK at night, but I have been there all hours. Early morning is fun bc it is less crowdwd and less hot. MK is my favorite park whatever time!:)

Disney4Eva

Heh, well...

My dad always TRIES to get us there before the opening. Wakes us up at quarter to seven, rushes us out of bed, that sort of thing. However...he's up against five extremely lazy girls that take forever to get ready. So by the time we drag ourselves out of bed, eat breakfast/drink coffee, find an outfit, get dressed, get our makeup on, figure out what to do with our hair, actually do our hair, find some shoes, get the essentials for the day, get out the door, drive to the parking lot, take the tram/monorail, and walk through the turnstiles, it's about 10:45 :lol:
You'd think after all this time we'd learn to better prepare ourselves the night before. NOPE! :rolleyes: Oh well. I prefer late morning at the kingdom, anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom