What size paper did the artists use in Art of Animation/Animation Academy

tricksty

Original Poster
I have one of the images stored safely in a tube that was drawn by one of the artists and I want to get it framed. I just can't measure the piece of paper it was drawn on. It's the one that the artist used at the front to show everyone how to draw the character.

Does anyone know what size paper this was on?

Thanks

KBLovedDisney

I have one of the images stored safely in a tube that was drawn by one of the artists and I want to get it framed. I just can't measure the piece of paper it was drawn on. It's the one that the artist used at the front to show everyone how to draw the character.

Thanks
Have you tried a craft store that specializes in frames? They could help you with measuring the paper.

tricksty

Original Poster
I can't measure it as it rolls up and I don't really want to trust them with it. I thought someone might know as these are commonly given out to at the end of the session and I was hoping that someone else may have framed it

Dory71

I can't measure it as it rolls up and I don't really want to trust them with it. I thought someone might know as these are commonly given out to at the end of the session and I was hoping that someone else may have framed it
I am pretty sure my son got the artist's drawing on one of our visits. I can check this evening when I get home from work and let you know. We sure do miss that attraction :(

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They can vary. I have some that were 8.5x11, 11x17 as well as some that were an odd size.

Your best solution is to measure what you have.

I would not worry too much about a custom framing store damaging them. Even the people at Michael's know how to correctly handle art like this. As long as you are not going to Freddie's Freakishly Fast Framing at the local flea market, you should be fine.

tricksty

Original Poster
They can vary. I have some that were 8.5x11, 11x17 as well as some that were an odd size.

Your best solution is to measure what you have.

I would not worry too much about a custom framing store damaging them. Even the people at Michael's know how to correctly handle art like this. As long as you are not going to Freddie's Freakishly Fast Framing at the local flea market, you should be fine.

It’s the big one that the artist draws at the front. It’s not the one you draw yourself. Thanks though

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I worked for a custom framing company for years. It would be irresponsible for anyone to try to guess the exact dimensions of the artwork. Measurements that are as little as ⅛” off could end up in a useless frame or frame/matte.

Dory71

I am pretty sure my son got the artist's drawing on one of our visits. I can check this evening when I get home from work and let you know. We sure do miss that attraction :(
Sorry I totally forgot about looking for it over the weekend. The one we have that the artist did is the same size as ours 10.5x15.25. I would measure for myself since you are getting different measurements. Good luck!

Castle Cake Apologist

Measuring artwork is a custom framer's job. They know what they are doing and know how to handle it with care. To prevent yourself from spending money on a frame that is of no use to you, I would bite the bullet and have it professionally measured, especially if it's been rolled for an extended period.

tricksty

Original Poster
Measuring artwork is a custom framer's job. They know what they are doing and know how to handle it with care. To prevent yourself from spending money on a frame that is of no use to you, I would bite the bullet and have it professionally measured, especially if it's been rolled for an extended period.
It’s been rolled for four years. That’s a good shout

EmmaPan

Thanks
pretty big i think

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom