What should we do on the first day?

babirell

Me and my wife will be arriving at orlando airport fri mar 31 at 2:00 pm. We should get to shades of green by 3 and were wondering what other people have done on their first day. Note its just me and her and well sleep on the plane so we will be energized.:D

jesserin

LilDucky said:
I second that :wave:

It's what we do every year!

When you're there for a week or more - you don't feel quite the urgency to rush into the parks - it's great to just unwind after traveling - get some dinner, maybe see a movie, do a little "pre" shopping - we make WDW a true vacation - one in which we relax as well as have lots of fun... heading to Downtown Disney is a little slower than going into the parks - not to mention if you don't have an annual pass - it's a great way to enjoy the disney magic without using up one of your ticket days... :wave:

Upvote 0

plutoismyhero

RIDE EXPEDITION EVEREST thats what im gonna do my first day and i dont go down for another month lol i cant wait to ride it i wont watch ne video of it or see what the yeti looks like till i get down there lol i cant wait

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Hey, we'll be arriving on the 31st as well.....just about an hour after you! Here's what our plans are:

Get settled into the Swan, eat a casual meal at the Boardwalk, take a swim in the pool if weather permits (it better!!), take some pictures around the resort area and the Boardwalk, get some snacks for the room.....rest to be able to hit MK first thing Sat!

Last year we went to DTD our first day and it was a great way to spend that day. Got some great pictures, were immersed in the Disney experience, plus got some nice shopping done. This year we have 2 "off" days from the parks planned so we will go to DTD 1 or both of those days.

Who knows? Maybe we'll end up there Fri evening after all.....

There are also 2 wonderful mini golf courses if you like that, Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens.

The Boardwalk also has evening entertainment so it's a stress free way to spend an evening. Plus then you can also check out some of the resorts in that area.

Other fun thing to do: Ride the monorail around and check out the resorts on that loop.....maybe even eat dinner at one of them. The Poly is very romantic and has a lovely beach with hammocks that you can watch the MK fireworks from if you stake out a place early enough. Or, make a ressie at O'Hana for later so you can watch the fireworks from there after you eat.

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Our first day ritual is always the same when we fly. We try to get a flight in around 11 and then make it to our resort by noon. We check in, get our tickets, then leave our bags with baggage services. Then we walk out to the resort bus stop and take whatever park bus comes along first and go to that park to eat lunch. So far 5 of 7 times it has been Epcot. Go figure. Only time we changed this was at Poly. Had to take the monorail to MK.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I think it depends on what kind of ticket plan you have. If it includes the day you arrive, I would head to Disney MGM studios and enjoy the pace in the late afternoon - you can do many of the major attractions as two adults in three hours or so - then grab something to eat and head into the Hollywood Hills Ampatheatre to see FANTASMIC - it starts at 7:30 but you should be in the theatre an hour before the show to get a good seat (or to get a seat at all on some nights). That is a great way to get your Disney Magic going. Afterwards, you will be back to your hotel by 9:00 -- either head over to Downtown Disney, or unwind at your hotel and get ready for the first park the next morning! Have a great time.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

jesserin said:
Check in, unpack, head to Downtown Disney... :)
It depends on your tickets - if you have AP then you can afford to blow a days admission on a park for just the afternoon and evening. If you only have a set number of days then hit the shops

Upvote 0

TLM323

The plan is ... we arrive @ Pop Century @ 10am on 4/6, grab our Park Passes, and head straight for the Magic Kingdom! ~ I want to see the castle FIRST! ~ We'll play ALL day, and then have dinner @ the Crystal Palace, because ... ~ I want to see Winnie the Pooh! ~ :)

WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY IN 11 DAYS!!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

col

when i get there i just unpack my case and iron the clothes that need ironing then head to the food court.

after a good 12 hours sleep i head to AK coz then i know my holiday starts.

seems your getting in early AK or MGM sound good.:)

one question: does shades of green have there own resort mug like all the other resorts?

Upvote 0

ms7479a

I always like to go to Downtown Disney (especially Disneyquest), have a nice dinner, and do some shopping. A nice way to ease into your vacation.

Upvote 0

Kadee

This was/is our routine: We drive down and usually get there about noon. (We leave Alabama EARLY... about 4 am...can't sleep anyway so we might as well use that time driving) Before the MYW tickets came out and using a day for 1/2 a day at the parks was a big deal, we would grab some lunch at the resort, unpack, explore the resort, then head to DTD for the rest of the evening. Get to bed early (10 or 11pm) so we can hit MK first thing! NOW that an extra day costs....what?.... 3 or 4 dollars between an 8 or 9 day ticket?.... we hit MK first thing....HAVE to see that castle.... Eat lunch in MK, and spend the rest of the evening there.

Upvote 0

mitchk

My thing is to get the resort, quickly unpack, and head to Epcot for a margarita :slurp: . I'm landing at the Orlando airport at about 9:30am. So I'm hoping to get to Epcot by about 12:00, hang there until about 2:30, go back to the resort, finish unpacking, then head to AK. The 26th is AK's extra magic hours, so I should be able to ride EE, at least twice. Only 32 days to go :wave:

Upvote 0

DW1

Heres what we do

Arriving at 2:00 that day would probably put you at the parks to late to fight crowds for any major attractions. Espically Everest. What we always do is go to the park that is the heart and soul of Disney... Magic Kingdom. Just walk around and enjoy the sights, stroll the streets and catch some shows. If you pass a ride with a short wait time then go on it. Maybe catch the fireworks and parades. Don't waste time fighting long lines for a popular ride at mid-day, that will only fustrate you.

Also maybe make a dinner reservation ahead of time for a late dinner, the polynesians 'Ohanas is an awesome choice and the monorail can bring you there from the Magic Kingdom.

Have Fun, I envy you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom