What Should I Know About Fantasmic?

MickeyMind

Original Poster
Heading up to the world on may 7th, found out that it is a grad night (thanks to wdwmagic) so looks like we wont end the night at mk like we usually do. So we decided to try something different for a change and watch fantasmic. Found out they have two showings that night, is there anything I should know before we go? Like which showing would be better to attend? How early should we get there? How long is the show? And should we excpect a stampede of people heading back to the resort that night after the show? any thoughts/general advice?

Jerm

Like which showing would be better to attend? How early should we get there? How long is the show? And should we excpect a stampede of people heading back to the resort that night after the show? any thoughts/general advice?

Go to the second show, a lot less people for that one. Depnding on the crowd that night, you might just be able to walk in if you don't mind not being center, or if you really want the best seat just go down to the front row! It is always open but you will get wet! But about 45 minutes prior is a good time if it is a busy day. Yes at the end of the night buses will be FULL so take your time walking out if you can.

Cnrtygirl

May I ask where you founf when fantasmic is showing? We will be there May31-June 8 and I would love to know what nights it will be shown. We have never seen this

If there is a second show, go to that one. Many families with young children go to the first showing, then head out as the park usually closes when the second show starts.
If you want really good seats, in the center, towards the front, then GET THERE EARLY. I cannot stress this enough. As it will be a slower time of year when you go, it might not be as critical, but you don't want to get there too late. Last time we went, we hung around shopping until we saw the line begin to move, then hopped in with the crowd and walked right up to the ampitheater.
However, seats are good ANYWHERE in the theater. We usually sit on the far right side, and the show is just as beautiful and breathtaking as it would be in the middle. So if you don't get center front seats, don't strees; your view will still be awesome.
The show itself is 30 minutes long. A warning: people around you may start getting up to leave before the show is over. Don't follow them; you want to see the end of the show, because its the best part. They are trying to beat the crowd, but if you just sit for a few minutes after the show is over, you can get in towards the back of the pack and take a nice stroll out into the park. The park will be closed by now, but it will be nicely lit and relatively empty. The shops are usually still open too, so my family shops our way out, then goes and hops on a tram/bus.
The trasportation will be crowded, but if you wait a little while the initial crush will be over and you can get in a line thats long, but not too crazy. Again, we usually go at peak seasons, so it may be a little less crowded for you.
I hope this helps! Fantasmic is a great show; one of my favorites. It will be great for you to see.:wave:

DisneyParksFan

Go to the second show, a lot less people for that one. Depnding on the crowd that night, you might just be able to walk in if you don't mind not being center, or if you really want the best seat just go down to the front row! It is always open but you will get wet! But about 45 minutes prior is a good time if it is a busy day. Yes at the end of the night buses will be FULL so take your time walking out if you can.

I agree.
Great advice/information.

jduran

Definitely go to the second show. I had the opportunity to see it for the first time in February. However, while the second showing is technically "less crowded," don't be surprised if it's still quite full. I went on February 3, which considered the low/value season, and the theater was 95% full for the second show. Only the seating to the extreme far right of the theater was empty.

You'll be tempted to start making the line hours before because you'll see people lining up, however, if you don't care where you'll be sitting (and you shouldn't because as other people said, there really is no "bad view"), you can probably stroll in 5 minutes before. (However, I only recommend this for the low season.) This is especially true if you are a small group, as was the case when I went. It was only me and another person.

If I had one "complaint," my second showing was at 9 p.m., which meant it occurred the same time as Illuminations in Epcot. And yes, I could hear and see the fireworks from Epcot as Fantasmic was going on. It was a little distracting, but that's just me being nit-picky.

And as someone recommended, stay until the very end, but when the show's over, I recommend hang out for a bit. It can be a little overwhelming trying to exit the theater. Worst designed entrance/exit to a theater if I ever saw one. Disney should have really thought of making multiple points of exit for crowds this large.

flavious27

Heading up to the world on may 7th, found out that it is a grad night (thanks to wdwmagic) so looks like we wont end the night at mk like we usually do. So we decided to try something different for a change and watch fantasmic. Found out they have two showings that night, is there anything I should know before we go? Like which showing would be better to attend? How early should we get there? How long is the show? And should we excpect a stampede of people heading back to the resort that night after the show? any thoughts/general advice?

Get there early, go to the bathrooms, have cash for any concessions. Oh and pray for no rain, either no show or a shortened show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom