What should I expect??

luvJC4saken

Original Poster
Ok, I'm taking my friends to DW during very early May. This just after DW gets finished w/ it's peak season when most kids are out for spring break. This will be the first time I've gone to DW during regular season as opposed to peak seasons because of school.

Can someone let me know how the crowds will compare? The thing is, our first day at the parks will be Monday. I know that MK is extra crowded on this day, but I also know that it's the best park to visit first especially when you have people who've never been before. It'd be nice if the first big thing they saw was the castle.

So you see this sort of "tug-of-war" happening w/ my decision making process. I'm wondering though, how much the crowd pattern should affect our decision during regular season.

Our park days will be Monday-Thursday. What park order would YOU suggest?? Keep in mind that, to me, impressing these guys is kind of important.

JackSkellington

Originally posted by luvJC4saken
Ok, I'm taking my friends to DW during very early May. This just after DW gets finished w/ it's peak season when most kids are out for spring break. This will be the first time I've gone to DW during regular season as opposed to peak seasons because of school.

Can someone let me know how the crowds will compare? The thing is, our first day at the parks will be Monday. I know that MK is extra crowded on this day, but I also know that it's the best park to visit first especially when you have people who've never been before. It'd be nice if the first big thing they saw was the castle.

So you see this sort of "tug-of-war" happening w/ my decision making process. I'm wondering though, how much the crowd pattern should affect our decision during regular season.

Our park days will be Monday-Thursday. What park order would YOU suggest?? Keep in mind that, to me, impressing these guys
is kind of important.

Ok I am going on the first week in May. And if my laptop works out there, I will try to keep my posts handy for all the May WDW TP. (Theme Parkers) My suggestion is do not hit MK on the worst day. Go to MGM on Mon, and let them ride the TOT. From what people on the boards have to say May is very mild. Not empty, but not high or even peak. So the lines should be quite tolerable and FP in good supply. Hit MK when it is not a early entry day. In fact make sure the park you hit is not an EED. (Early Entry Day) Other than that it is your choice.

luvJC4saken

Original Poster
Jack, I'm assuming the "worse day" for MK is Monday, although, apparently this is not even its EED...

A variety of suggestions would be most beneficial here, so keep the tips coming!

Basically, if you were going in early May (reg season) from Mon-Thu, and really wanted to impress your friends who've never been, in what order would you visit the parks??

JackSkellington

Well for sure, we are not hitting any park on its EED. But we plan to go to
AK-Sun
EPCOT-Mon
MK-Tues
Break day-Wed
MGM-Thurs
EPCOT-Fri

Monday is supposed to be the worst for MK.

minnielover

We normanlly go to Disney Memorial weekend and stay for the week following. This has been my favorite time. The lines are very short and the weather is wonderful. I'm sure that the beginning of May will be even better. Everyone is still in school.

barnum42

Lots of tips and ideas to be found here:

All ears Net

Don't forget you can park hop - so when Animal Kingdom closes at 5:00 you can go onto the other parks and ejoy on of the night time shows there.

luvJC4saken

Original Poster
It looks like I'm going to adopt Jack's plan. Most ppl in my group seem more intrigued by Epcot anyway, so it's fair we hit that first.

JackSkellington

Thanks

Thanks a lot. I will be going in 3 weeks. YES!! And I will let you know how it went. Just a sidenote, on Sun, we are going to be there about 4 hrs cause Dino. is closed. And we don't want to ride Kali. So all we will hit is KjS, FOTLK, and ITTBAB. Then we expect to visit MK, or MGM. Our Epcot days one day we will watch Illuminations and the other night hit rides while others watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom