What secrets have been eliminated?

Beacon Joe

The sword in the stone is still there. They still do the ceremony. Ask a cast member they have the times!

What's the ceremony?

I remember as a kid at Disneyland, people would stop by to try to dislodge it and every now and then somebody off-stage would disengage the lock and a cast member would congratulation the person who partially pulled the sword. I was never so lucky.

Phonedave

What's the ceremony?

I remember as a kid at Disneyland, people would stop by to try to dislodge it and every now and then somebody off-stage would disengage the lock and a cast member would congratulation the person who partially pulled the sword. I was never so lucky.

There used to be a whole production with Merlin the wizard. He would pick a strong looking adult out of the audience and a young child. Of course the adult would not be able to remove the sword, but it would rise up for the child. The child would then be told they were now the temporary ruler of the realm (or some such title) and they had controll over all Magic Kingdom. Then Merlin would say something like "Oh look, I talked for so long that your time to rule has expired, sorry". The kid did get a medal to keep. My daughter was picked once, and we have the medal in one of the tubs of Disney stuff we have stored.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom