What Rumor are u looking forward to?

Which rumor would like to go into action most?

• Stitch at Alien Encounter

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Time Racers at SSE

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Indiana Jones ride at MGM

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Auto Stunt show at MGM

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Beastly Kingdom at Ak

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

no2apprentice

Well, here goes nothing. Open mouth, insert foot.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to what happens next, but I like to speculate what might happen next. I think the emphesis will go to Epcot. Whether or not that will be the rumored Time Racers, only time will tell (get it? Time Racers...time will tell....okay, never mind). I base this on nothing more than one of the head imagineers (can't remember the name...usually a beard or goatee with an earring) saying on one of the Travel Channel specials that Epcot was not providing the "thrills" that the public seemed to want on vacation (or words to that effect). Now, for someone in his position, to be allowed to openly say that on a TV special...well, it just seems to point towards some major changes/additions in Epcot.

This is just my speculation of what may happen, not saying it is going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing a lot of "leaks" and "strong rumors" about something new at Epcot over the next year.

Then again, maybe not.:D

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Well, here goes nothing. Open mouth, insert foot.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to what happens next, but I like to speculate what might happen next. I think the emphesis will go to Epcot. Whether or not that will be the rumored Time Racers, only time will tell (get it? Time Racers...time will tell....okay, never mind). I base this on nothing more than one of the head imagineers (can't remember the name...usually a beard or goatee with an earring) saying on one of the Travel Channel specials that Epcot was not providing the "thrills" that the public seemed to want on vacation (or words to that effect). Now, for someone in his position, to be allowed to openly say that on a TV special...well, it just seems to point towards some major changes/additions in Epcot.

This is just my speculation of what may happen, not saying it is going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing a lot of "leaks" and "strong rumors" about something new at Epcot over the next year.

Then again, maybe not.:D

yea i know what your talking about. The imagineer said that people wanted thrills and not to learn things on there vacation.

anyhow, i hope that beastly kingdom gets built it sounds like a great consept.I think it will also help out the park all it needs is some more attractions and i think this would provide some thrills. But it was a hard chose for me cause I want to see all thise happen except alian encounter with sticht.

SirNim

I am looking forward to the Beastly Kingdom addition (or equivalent) at AK...

However, I also feel that in the nearest future, SSE will be the major thing that will be changing... As will all of Epcot...

This can be good or bad, we just don't know yet based on the limited amount of speculation and rumor circulating...

That's all I have to say...

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
I am looking forward to the Beastly Kingdom addition (or equivalent) at AK...

However, I also feel that in the nearest future, SSE will be the major thing that will be changing... As will all of Epcot...

This can be good or bad, we just don't know yet based on the limited amount of speculation and rumor circulating...

That's all I have to say...

same here! I think it's a good thing

ISTCrew20

A halfway decent way to change EPCOT for the better is to add an Egypt pavilion, and put an Indy ride in there. I know it wont happen, as Indy is going to MGM, but plans may change..An Indy movie took place in Egypt didnt it?

WDWspider

Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
A halfway decent way to change EPCOT for the better is to add an Egypt pavilion, and put an Indy ride in there. I know it wont happen, as Indy is going to MGM, but plans may change..An Indy movie took place in Egypt didnt it?

Maybe, but I think you would blur the EPCOT vision if you did that. EPCOT is firmly rooted in reality and culture, MGM or Magic Kingdom are the places of Fantasy, Hollywood, and Make-believe. However I think a cool attraction could still be made from an Egypt pavilion.

SirNim

Originally posted by spider-man
Maybe, but I think you would blur the EPCOT vision if you did that. EPCOT is firmly rooted in reality and culture, MGM or Magic Kingdom are the places of Fantasy, Hollywood, and Make-believe. However I think a cool attraction could still be made from an Egypt pavilion.
Perhaps the
fifth
Epcot pyramid, if Egypt was created...
there certainly is space...

dxwwf3

Alright! No votes for the Stitch Mistake... oh sorry Makeover. I know I need to add a big "Yet" to that but hey at least it gives me hope. :lol:

ISTCrew20

Well, it will blur the vision of EPCOT, but does the park have time to be picky?..I think MS will bring a BIG draw to the park, but after everyone does that and TT, there going to leave the park. Why is EPCOT the least fav. park of people i have talked too? Mainly because it lacks thrills, not just thrills, but good quality, FUN, rides in general. I know this is going to turn into a whole other conversation, but just thought I'd speak my mind. There were talks about, if the Spain pavilion goes through, how they want a major thrill ride. Egypt could also be home to a Nile river cruise, or something of that nature. The Indy ride can also be set up differently, and putting some sponsorships in there
EX: Put the Indy Adventure as a tour into a pyramid that goes wrong, and it could be an actual tour company that gets its name in the preshow and queue, and who funds the ride.

Who knows, thats just my idea. If project Gemini goes through, then there is not a big hurry to start a project of this nature in WS, but the park needs something. Everyone is saying Mission Space will be the turning point of that park, and I truly believe it will, but they cant stop there............

WDWspider

Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
Well, it will blur the vision of EPCOT, but does the park have time to be picky?..I think MS will bring a BIG draw to the park, but after everyone does that and TT, there going to leave the park. Why is EPCOT the least fav. park of people i have talked too? Mainly because it lacks thrills, not just thrills, but good quality, FUN, rides in general. I know this is going to turn into a whole other conversation, but just thought I'd speak my mind. There were talks about, if the Spain pavilion goes through, how they want a major thrill ride. Egypt could also be home to a Nile river cruise, or something of that nature. The Indy ride can also be set up differently, and putting some sponsorships in there
EX: Put the Indy Adventure as a tour into a pyramid that goes wrong, and it could be an actual tour company that gets its name in the preshow and queue, and who funds the ride.

Who knows, thats just my idea. If project Gemini goes through, then there is not a big hurry to start a project of this nature in WS, but the park needs something. Everyone is saying Mission Space will be the turning point of that park, and I truly believe it will, but they cant stop there............

OK, now I get you and like it... simply use the Indy ride system, not necessarily the Indy name on the ride. I gotcha and yes I agree EPCOT still has many great features but it is getting stale faster than it can stay new... primarily cause of the way it's attractions are set up as one enormous attraction after the next rather than some small, some medium, and some large attractions. You cannot keep adding more cause all the others stat getting old and are expensive to update or replace.

ISTCrew20

Yea...I get what your saying..I've been racking out my brain alot lately thinking of new ideas for the park. I really liked my Egypt idea, and you saw how good a BG Egypt was, So imagine what a "Disneyfied" Version of it would be. That plus MS, plus a few smaller rides, and the park could be a guest favorite that teens would actually WANT to visit. Indy would even entertain the bravest of 5 year olds, and it would be a great family thrill added to the park, and not to mention, if placed in the back of WS, would cause guests to walk past other pavilions, and introducing guests to other rides and shows and shope EPCOT has to offer.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by dxwwf3
Alright! No votes for the Stitch Mistake... oh sorry Makeover. I know I need to add a big "Yet" to that but hey at least it gives me hope. :lol:

Well, sadly, there are two votes for it. And you're right, it is a mistake!:lol:

no2apprentice

Since we keep drifting towards Epcot, I thought I would share this. The last time my wife and I visited Epcot was 1985. Our kids have not been to Epcot yet, but we have scheduled a day there when we go in June. They are curious, asking questions about the types of rides, what there is to do, what World Showcase is like, etc., etc. I've been telling (warning?) them that Epcot only has one real "thrill" ride, TT. I've also been explaining that the attractions are well done, but they're also designed to teach you something about the world we live in.

I am very curious to see how they enjoy Epcot. It's becoming kind of a family research project for me, with my kids as the test subjects.

Just thought I'd share that. Sorry if anyone started snoring after the second sentence. :D

Dayma

BTW I dont think its bad if you learn something in Epoct :).......If I can learn and half fun sounds good to me!

Kenan

Im looking forward to ANY change Disney decides to make to Epcot. It is one fabulous park, and I dont like the shape it is in now. With Mission: SPACE opening, it should put Epcot back on the theme park map, but that should not and best not be the last thing we see at Epcot. (Voban) (Troy, whats your name?, hahah?)

hail2pitt1103

originally posted by kenan
Im looking forward to ANY change Disney decides to make to Epcot. It is one fabulous park, and I dont like the shape it is in now. With Mission: SPACE opening, it should put Epcot back on the theme park map, but that should not and best not be the last thing we see at Epcot. (Voban) (Troy, whats your name?, hahah?)

I completely agree, I love Epcot but something needs to be added to draw people in and keep them coming. An Indiana Jones ride sounds great, but my friends would get tired of my Sean Connery impression that i would be doing during the entire ride :D One thing I had in mind was to build some sort of tall attraction, a kind of secondary symbol of the park, much like space mtn to MK or TOT to MGM. The imagineers are immensely talented, im sure they will think of something great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom