What rides does WDW have that wouldn't be out of place at Cedar Point?

kapeman

Oh, Disaster Transport is pathetic, no question.

Maverick, however, is actually decently themed, at least for being in a park that does almost no theming.

That said, Cedar Point is a top notch amusement park experience.

Seconded.

We laughed ourselves silly on Disaster Transport, it was a joke!

I was pleasantly surprised by the level of theming on the Maverick.

I don't think any of the Disney rides would fit well at Cedar Point and that is okay.

The two parks should not be compared as they are two very different things.

The rides, however, can be compared and Disney has nothing to touch CP.

Mad Stitch

Cedar Point’s problem is once an attraction is completed the theming never gets any maintenance.

For the first two years of Disaster Transport the theming was great by Cedar Point standards. Yes enclosing Avalanche Run in a building and renaming it was a cheap trick to promote a new attraction, but that’s a debate for a CP message board. But then when CP set their sights on the next new attraction, the Disaster Transport theming slowly deteriorated away into the crap pile it is today. Once in awhile you still get an employee that welcomes you to Alaska at the unload station which I find funny since that back-story disappeared long ago.

The same thing is happening to Top Thrill Dragster. The dragster tires, gone. Engine block, gone. Rear fin, gone. Engine rumble and screech at launch, gone. There are all kinds of examples of this throughout the park. We’ll see what becomes of the Maverick theming.

CarlFredricksen

At Cedar Points sister park Kings Island in Cincinnati, there is some Scooby Doo ghost blaster game. It's the same exact thing as Buzz Lightyear. The equipment on BLSRS is nicer, but the two rides are set up the exact same.

Snoopy is the charater that Cedar Point is themed around, and without a doubt Goofy Barnstormer could be dropped into the kiddie area at CP, themed around Snoopy, and no one would blink an eye.

Also MuppetVision 3D could be at CP.

Also at Castaway Bay (hotel on CP property, and owned by CP) there is a water ride that uses the same technology as Crush 'n' Gusher.

Aside from these things, the only other ride mentioned that would fit at CP, IMO, is RNRC. Amuesment Parks prefer getting people through ques and onto rides as quick as possible, so they have rides like 'power tower' instead of ToT. So while they may be the same thrill, the story and presentation of ToT too much for an amuesment park like CP.

fosse76

Oh, Disaster Transport is pathetic, no question.

Maverick, however, is actually decently themed, at least for being in a park that does almost no theming.

That said, Cedar Point is a top notch amusement park experience.

Cedar Point didn't theme Disaster Transport as cheap way to advertise a "new" ride. This style coaster is a bobsled coaster, where the vehicles run free in a trough (like a real bobsled) and not on a track. These rides are notorious for low throughput, and are prone to damaging lightning strikes. Rather than dump the ride (Cedar Point heavily markets the number of coasters it owns), they enclosed it to increase the life expectancy of the ride. The themeing was thrown in to try and make it work as an indoor ride.

mp2bill

Okay first and foremost the best park I have been to OUTSIDE of Florida (haven't been to California yet) is Cedar Point. If you want the ultimate thrills you stop right there. There are 18 rollercoasters.

But what rides of WDW would be considered extreme and fit in nicely at Cedar Point even for the adrenaline junkies?

Here's my take:

Space Mountain - It would be fine there but would still be one of the more tame rollercoasters at Cedar Point. There is a very similar ride called "Disaster Transport" that I can only assume got it's inspiration from Space Mountain. SM is better though since it's pitch black.

Tower of Terror - It would fit in rather nicely just based on the thrill factor alone. I have always maintained that a free fall in the pitch dark is scarier than in daylight. Cedar Point has two towers that either shoot you up really fast or drop you like a free fall but they are outside.

Aerosmith Rockin Rollercoaster - Pretty intense really. Plus any dark rollercoaster that loops you upsidedown is thrilling. It would be a middle of the pack thrill ride at Cedar Point.

Expedition Everest - Would fit in rather nicely on the thrill scale. It wouldn't be the scariest one there but somewhere in the middle maybe.

That's as far as I would go. There isn't really anything else in the way of thrill rides that can compare. Test Track? Nice, but too many stop and starts. Splash Mountain? Already has two log rides there and isn't anymore thrilling. Thunder Mountain? It might be alright. There are 2-3 coasters at Cedar Point that you might classify as "less thrilling" than Thunder. Those would be Iron Dragon, Cedar Creek Mine Ride and Wildcat.

I'd agree with all of those...just with different themes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom