What Rides, Attractions and Shows to Visit?

Amy101

Original Poster
Hey, I'm going to Disneyworld Florida for the first time ever this July/August for 2 weeks. My boyfriend's family are taking me (they went last year and I was super jealous so they decided to go again this year and take me along) :p I have always wanted to go to disneyworld and the closest I've gotten is Disneyland Paris (I live in England so got to go there on a school trip).

My boyfriend's parents have asked me to make a list of which rides and things I want to go on/do so just wondering if any one has any tips? There are no children going and we are all above 20 years (except 1 17 yr old). I want to make sure I get the most out of Disneyworld as I don't know when I'll next get a chance to go.

Also, anyone got any tips on what things to bring? E.g. I've been told by a friend to take walking sandals...

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm new here (joined yesterday) so I hope I did this right! Haha!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Figgy is right on, get the Unofficial Guide. A good read - cover to cover - before your first adventure. We also are fans of the Passporter guidebook as well.

Maybe our paths will cross as we will be there for two weeks July-August as well!

Amy101

Original Poster
I've got the Brit Guide to Orlando and Disney World which is really good. There's just loooooaaaaads to do and rides to go on so was just wondering which were best to give a miss :p Will check out the Unofficial Guide too! Thanks :D

Amy101

Original Poster
Haha! I don't want to miss anything, just I'm assuming some rides are better than others and because it's gonna be super busy when we go I'm guessing we might be restricted on time and what we can do. 3 mountains are space mountain, splash mountain and...? And I don't know what you mean by HM :L I'm assuming POTC is Pirates of the Caribbean and MK means Magic Kingdom :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sorry right Haunted Mansion and Big thunder Mountain. With 2 weeks you will be able to hit all the big rides and big shows with no problem

HollyAD

Where are you staying? If you stay on property take a day and visit the different resorts! I love doing this...All have different themes we love to take the time to appreciate what Disney puts into the details. If you are a big ride fan make sure to visit Hollywood studios and head to Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller coaster they are right next to each other. Another fun/competitive ride there is Toy Story Mania, however you may want to get a fast pass for this because the line end up very long! At MK make sure to check out Space mtn, thunder mtn, and splash mtn. All of these are the popular rides at the park so you may need to grab some fast passes at some point. July is very busy so lines are long so make sure to take time to catch some shows and cool off during the day. One really cute show is Philhar magic and the air conditioning is greatly appreciated! There are lots of fun things to do at every park! Just have fun and do your research you will have fun no matter what you do. I will also be there in July trying my best to fight the crowds and the heat! And walking sandals are a must. I usually just resort to some comfy flip flops. You can wear athletic shoes but if you get on a water ride you will be uncomfortable with wet shoes the rest of the day!

Future Imagineer

Of course you have to go on all the mountains like Splash, Thunder, Space, and if if u r brave enough Everest! And one of my favorite rides is at animal kingdom which is Kilamanjaro Safari!:D This is just a few.

The Excavator

Hey, I'm going to Disneyworld Florida for the first time ever this July/August for 2 weeks. My boyfriend's family are taking me (they went last year and I was super jealous so they decided to go again this year and take me along) :p I have always wanted to go to disneyworld and the closest I've gotten is Disneyland Paris (I live in England so got to go there on a school trip).

My boyfriend's parents have asked me to make a list of which rides and things I want to go on/do so just wondering if any one has any tips? There are no children going and we are all above 20 years (except 1 17 yr old). I want to make sure I get the most out of Disneyworld as I don't know when I'll next get a chance to go.

Also, anyone got any tips on what things to bring? E.g. I've been told by a friend to take walking sandals...

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm new here (joined yesterday) so I hope I did this right! Haha!

From experience in July/August:

1.) Use Extra Magic Hours in the morning. You'll get all your must see rides done with little wait (and in cooler temps)
2.) Bring sneakers and sunscreen. I'm not too big on the sandals.
3.) Extra Magic Hours at night are being shortened (that's why I advise the morning) but since you're all older, staying up late and visiting the parks shouldn't be a problem so take advantage of that!
4.) Take your time. You don't need to rush. Especially if you don't know when you're going back. Take in the moment, rather than running around everywhere (that's what I hope I can do on my next trip)

Hope that helps!

Cardinals314

Attractions that can be skipped (my opinion):

MK: Stitch's Great Escape, Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Epcot: Journey into Imagination, Ellen's Energy Adventure, and Captain EO
DHS:The Legend of Jack Sparrow
AK: Rafiki Planet Watch

There are ton of attractions to see at Disney. You can try and go to these if you have time. I would prioritize other attractions before these

vigliottec

My top 3 for each park:

MK
1. Splash Mountain
2. Pirates of the carribben
3. Main Street Electrical Parade

Epcot
1. Mission Space
2.Test Track (i haven't seen the new changes)
3. Soarin

HS
1. Rock and Roll Roller coaster
2. Star Tours (i haven't seen the new one yet)
3. Fantasmic

AK
1. Everest
2. Safari
3. Tough to be a Bug

harryk

Speaking of night-time shows. Don't miss the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review at Pioneer Hall, Ft. Wilderness.
Fun show - finger-food - good drinks - air conditioned - and the late show is a great way to end an evening.
May be too late now to get tickets - but worth a try.

Amy101

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great advise! I went to MK yesterday and did as much as possible (all 3 mountains included) and went to DHS today. Did a lot there too (my fave would have to be either Muppets, rock n roller coaster or tower of terror). Animal kingdom tomorrow and Epcot on Monday. Can't wait!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks for all the great advise! I went to MK yesterday and did as much as possible (all 3 mountains included) and went to DHS today. Did a lot there too (my fave would have to be either Muppets, rock n roller coaster or tower of terror). Animal kingdom tomorrow and Epcot on Monday. Can't wait!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom