what rides at WDW are untouchable for replacement

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have not been to the parks in a while but my list of untouchable attractions would be Horizons, World of Motion, Mr Toad, 20K, Snow White, Imagination, Tarzan Rocks, Sounds Dangerous and The Backlot Tour. I am also pretty fond of Pleasure Island, but I could deal with the loss of anything other than the Adventurer's Club or the Comedy Warehouse.

DManRightHere

Nothing is completely safe. Unfortunately I think many management and above would love to toss cop.

If I had to pick a few..

Splash mountain
Pirates
Dumbo
Soarin
Peter pan
Big thunder

Space mountain is sort of. I can see them completely changing the ride but keep the name and coaster.

Flippin'Flounder

I have not been to the parks in a while but my list of untouchable attractions would be Horizons, World of Motion, Mr Toad, 20K, Snow White, Imagination, Tarzan Rocks, Sounds Dangerous and The Backlot Tour. I am also pretty fond of Pleasure Island, but I could deal with the loss of anything other than the Adventurer's Club or the Comedy Warehouse.
Ummm, I have some sad news for you :p

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
All of the classics rides for sure. Test Track is probably up there at this point. Since SSE was saved back in the early 2000s, it'll be here to stay. Tower of Terror since it's now the icon for DHS. Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safari at DAK.

Except for the classics and thrill rides, I don't see much at MK that is 100% untouchable.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
-Carousel of Progress
-it's a small world (even though I personally wouldn't miss it too terribly if they ever did replace it)
-POTC (I think they'll continue to refurb it to keep up with the films, but I don't think it'll ever be replaced)
-Thunder, Space, and Splash (I feel like they may get updates/re-theming somewhere along the line, I don't think they'll ever go away for good).
-Haunted Mansion

Castle Cake Apologist

image.jpg

Master Gracey 5

To me it depends what you mean by replacement - nothing in the World should be left the same way it is without some updates and refurb, but there are some things that should remain in one form or another. For instance IMO Space Mountain needs new tracks and ride vehicles, but should not be replaced by any other ride. Similarly the plussing to Pirates and the Haunted Mansion was done well but these should never be removed from the parks.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
To me it depends what you mean by replacement - nothing in the World should be left the same way it is without some updates and refurb, but there are some things that should remain in one form or another. For instance IMO Space Mountain needs new tracks and ride vehicles, but should not be replaced by any other ride. Similarly the plussing to Pirates and the Haunted Mansion was done well but these should never be removed from the parks.

by replacement I mean GONE, extinct outta here. not refurbs or maintenace that should be a ongoing with all attractions.

aladdin2007

Nothing is completely safe. Unfortunately I think many management and above would love to toss cop.

If I had to pick a few..

Splash mountain
Pirates
Dumbo
Soarin
Peter pan
Big thunder

Space mountain is sort of. I can see them completely changing the ride but keep the name and coaster.

They would also like to ditch the American Adventure, but I would hope the potential outcry scares them enough to not do that. The Maelstrom issue they are still reeling from no doubt.

Peter Pan for sure, though after Disneylands refurb, again!!, TDO should be utterly embarrassed at the state of ours, yet they could pour millions into the queue instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom