What ride would you want to work at.

WDWFigment

Are you saying you want to work at Pooh's playground, or is this a hypothetical situation? :shrug:

:p I don't remember 20K well enough to know how the CMs acted on that attraction. When I imagine it, I imagine as a grizzled sea-faring type, but I could easily see sarcastic JC type roll there fitting the bill, too.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Are you saying you want to work at Pooh's playground, or is this a hypothetical situation? :shrug:

:p I don't remember 20K well enough to know how the CMs acted on that attraction. When I imagine it, I imagine as a grizzled sea-faring type, but I could easily see sarcastic JC type roll there fitting the bill, too.

The actual attraction as it was my favorite growing up.
Mike-in-front-of-20K-sign-m.jpg
Photo courtasy of 20kride.com

The CMs would help with boat docking and guest transfer into the ride vehicle. One CM would "drive" each boat.

Pocamahontas

HM! although i'd probably laugh or smile or something and ruin it.
so in that case..Jungle Cruise,
ouu and Pirates, and
..everything.:king:

wulfgeat

Peter Pan. My first time on the ride I did not pay any attention to how the "ship" was attached. When we went up the track and began to float on air I was surprised. That was a nice, surprising experience. I would love to be a part of that for someone else's first ride.

Ravenclaw87

I would love to work at Kilimanjaro Safaris--- their little talk isn't overly corny, and it would be fun to interact with all of the guests.

But I really wouldn't mind being a waitress at CRT either (even though that's not a ride, it would still be a blast being able to see all of the little girls' faces when they meet the princesses).

lilmizpixie3

I would want to work at either the Rockin Rollercoaster or maybe something cool like the great movie ride. I don't think I am outgoing enough for that though

Mansion Butler

Wow, really? I knew that Mansion and Hall of Presidents were "cross-trained" or in the same complex. It's different to see CM's cross-trained in different lands. When I was in T-Land we could get cross-trained in Buzz Complex, Space, or Speedway.

No, not the same complex, but yes, same land. The entire west side used to be one area, then Frontierland land split off and now it's Adventureland/Liberty Square. The only attractions that share a "complex" are Aladdin, Treehouse and Tiki Room. Though, they don't put someone at Treehouse very often anymore.

The rough order for how much people want to work at the various attractions in Ad/Lib, in general:

Riverboat
Hall of Presidents
Mansion
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
ATT

Mansion Butler

a lot of u guys r saying HM or ToT.. wat about Expedition Everest??

I have some aquaintances who work at Everest, and it's apparently alright, but it gets old.

Which makes sense, because it's just a normal ride. No interesting elements to run, not a particularly great character, and it's mostly just simple console operation.

But then I know people who LOVE working at Thunder Mountain, and EE is less stressful than Thunder, so it can certainly be some people's cup of tea. I just like the character and atmosphere of the Mansion, and some of the unique areas we get to operate. Also, I'm big on guest interaction and there's just something about our role that lends itself to great moments. Be it guests getting scared (what is it about not smiling while wearing green that makes people scream?), amused or caught up in the fantasy, I can't imagine there beign too many other places where the interaction has a depth beyond a friendly smile and a short conversation.

And I like how we don't sit at a console for an hour pushing a button every minute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom