What ride would you like to see refurbished?

Yensid1117

Original Poster
I was thinking about how advanced we are today and realized that the "future room" in the Carousel of Progress is no longer depicting the future. I think it would be cool to see that changed to depict a new future. What ride would you guys like to see refurbished?

Chef Mickey

COP is kind of an obvious one because of the ending, but I'm less concerned about the content and more concerned about fixing maintenance issues in that attraction.

Embarrassing carpet, awful seats, subpar audio, and animatronic John needing a lot of TLC. I wish they'd just completely gut that theater and give it the attention it deserves. I think of the ending as a little "classic" future vision. It sort of doesn't need an updated ending with hover cars and teleportation to be done well. "Car Phone" and a few minor things could be changed, but the spirit of progress is really what the shows is conveying.

With that rant over, I'd still say there are rides ahead of that in need of TLC. Not a change of concept, but just a good cleaning, maintenance concerns addressed, updated audio, perhaps a few tweaks to script or show scenes, etc.

These are just a few I view ahead of COP, although that's in dire need as well.

1) Practically anything at EPCOT
2) Great Movie Ride
3) Buzz Lightyear (Disneyland's is much better executed)
4) Backlot Tour
5) Bug's Life
6) Philhar Magic

I could go on. There is so much needing TLC/refurbishment but we aren't going to get it until they figure out Magic Bands.

StarWarsGirl

COP is kind of an obvious one because of the ending, but I'm less concerned about the content and more concerned about fixing maintenance issues in that attraction.

Embarrassing carpet, awful seats, subpar audio, and animatronic John needing a lot of TLC. I wish they'd just completely gut that theater and give it the attention it deserves. I think of the ending as a little "classic" future vision. It sort of doesn't need an updated ending with hover cars and teleportation to be done well. "Car Phone" and a few minor things could be changed, but the spirit of progress is really what the shows is conveying.

With that rant over, I'd still say there are rides ahead of that in need of TLC. Not a change of concept, but just a good cleaning, maintenance concerns addressed, updated audio, perhaps a few tweaks to script or show scenes, etc.

These are just a few I view ahead of COP, although that's in dire need as well.

1) Practically anything at EPCOT
2) Great Movie Ride
3) Buzz Lightyear (Disneyland's is much better executed)
4) Backlot Tour
5) Bug's Life
6) Philhar Magic

I could go on. There is so much needing TLC/refurbishment but we aren't going to get it until they figure out Magic Bands.
It's Tough to Be a Bug just went down for a refurb over the summer. Mickey's Philhar Magic is currently down for a refurb. I agree with you on Buzz. Though I thought the DL version had too few targets in each room, ours desperately needs an update

Chef Mickey

It's Tough to Be a Bug just went down for a refurb over the summer. Mickey's Philhar Magic is currently down for a refurb. I agree with you on Buzz. Though I thought the DL version had too few targets in each room, ours desperately needs an update
Yeah, I knew about Tough to be a Bug and Philhar, but I put them on my list anyway to show how much is needed. I'm anxious to see what they do because they both desperately need digital projection, theater refurb, and I wouldn't mind a new movie in either or both. I like the concept, so I don't want them to change that.

Nick Wilde

Ummmmmm..... Philharmagic was open during NOJ, this Sat. Unless it closed yesterday, I think you're wrong.

dreynolds1982

In order of preference:
  1. GMR - I'd say they could keep the general concept, but scrap everything else. Needs a new ride system, scrap the old MGM flicks, etc. I'd say from a technical standpoint, something along the lines of Spiderman/Transformers. Not the same system, as UO has done that to death, but the general idea, taking you on a more thrilling trip through Disney-owned movie properties.
  2. JII - Bring back the Dreamfinder. Enough said.
  3. Indiana Jones Stunt Show - This may ultimately become part of Star Wars land anyway.
  4. Space Mountain - I love WDW's SM, I really do, but after riding DL's a few year's ago, it just blew it out of the water. The simple addition of in-car audio would be a huge leap, but the lift hill tunnel and some other effects would help.
  5. PPF - I doubt they will ever do any major work on this attraction since it is sooooo popular, but I would love for them to clean it up a bit. Nothing major, but a few modernizations (like what was just done at Alice in DL) could really do wonders for it.
I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that stand out the most.

Chef Mickey

In order of preference:
  1. GMR - I'd say they could keep the general concept, but scrap everything else. Needs a new ride system, scrap the old MGM flicks, etc. I'd say from a technical standpoint, something along the lines of Spiderman/Transformers. Not the same system, as UO has done that to death, but the general idea, taking you on a more thrilling trip through Disney-owned movie properties.
  2. JII - Bring back the Dreamfinder. Enough said.
  3. Indiana Jones Stunt Show - This may ultimately become part of Star Wars land anyway.
  4. Space Mountain - I love WDW's SM, I really do, but after riding DL's a few year's ago, it just blew it out of the water. The simple addition of in-car audio would be a huge leap, but the lift hill tunnel and some other effects would help.
  5. PPF - I doubt they will ever do any major work on this attraction since it is sooooo popular, but I would love for them to clean it up a bit. Nothing major, but a few modernizations (like what was just done at Alice in DL) could really do wonders for it.
I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that stand out the most.
Different strokes I guess. I massively prefer WDW version of SM to Disneyland's. I think the audio is better at WDW and I find the in car audio slightly annoying. I also think WDW's is more thrilling and has more drops.

SMRT-1Michael

• Journey into Imagination (but really...Dreamfinder please!)
  • Carousel of Progress - I LOVE this ride for everything it is. However, some mechanical upgrades need to be made. The "Christmas in the Home of the 2000s" finale is a bit dated, but I really still love it. I'm not complaining. The original Christmas finale from 1964-1973 is AMAZING. I wasn't alive then but i listen to the audio frequently. I think the design of the finale back then was more accurate of the future than the one now TBH. I also think the original version of "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" with Rex Allen singing is better than Jean Shepherds.
  • Peter Pan's Flight - This attraction is cheesier than some carnival rides. Keep the ride concept, just keep it from looking like a black interior with black light-painted plastic figures everywhere. You can see the brush strokes of the paint of some of the AAs.
  • Stitch's Great Escape - Just get rid of it.
  • Laugh Floor - just no.

Also, generally speaking, I LOVE the GMR currently. The Golden Age of Hollywood is quickly losing it's presence in DHS. Some of my favorite movies are in there (Singin in the Rain, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Mary Poppins, etc.) I think it's sad that people are losing appreciation for Audio animatronic attractions. Sometimes, a thrill ride isn't always the answer. just my honest opinion.

Last edited:

dreynolds1982

Different strokes I guess. I massively prefer WDW version of SM to Disneyland's. I think the audio is better at WDW and I find the in car audio slightly annoying. I also think WDW's is more thrilling and has more drops.

I will say, WDW's version does have a scare factor that DL's slicker version lacked. I'm a huge fan of the single seater bobsled coaster cars at WDW. Really make you feel out of control.

Chef Mickey

I will say, WDW's version does have a scare factor that DL's slicker version lacked. I'm a huge fan of the single seater bobsled coaster cars at WDW. Really make you feel out of control.
Yeah, I really do enjoy feeling like I'm about to tip over. It just has a more thrilling feel to me at WDW. Probably some nostalgia at work too. I like the queue more as well. There really isn't anything about DL's I like better to tell you the truth.

copcarguyp71

In order of importance to me...

1 - Universe of Energy
2 - WOL (if that can even be considered on this topic)
3 - Imagination
4 - The Great Movie Ride
5 - Kali River Rapids
6 - Tomorrowland Speedway
7 - Backlot Tour
8 - Toy Story (increase ride capacity and reduce breakdowns)

Gullywhumper

In order of importance to me...

1 - Universe of Energy
2 - WOL (if that can even be considered on this topic)
3 - Imagination
4 - The Great Movie Ride
5 - Kali River Rapids
6 - Tomorrowland Speedway
7 - Backlot Tour
8 - Toy Story (increase ride capacity and reduce breakdowns)
For WOL I guess you could say re-re-purposed, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom