What restaurant for 2?

PHS79

Original Poster
It turns out that for our next trip, my wife and I will have an extra "date night" that we didn't plan on, and we can't decide where we would like to eat. We have the DDP and will use one of the sit down meal credits for this. So what restaurant, on the DDP, would you choose for the 2 of us?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My first choice would be California Grill, but that is a signature and would take two credits per person on the dining plan. If you are only using one, maybe Tutto or Via Napoli they are only one credit and kind of romantic. I like the San Angel Inn at Mexico too, my meal was good there and I think it is kind of romantic in there by the "river" and pyramid.

horizons82

Some personal 'bests' of mine:

Best overall: California Grill (excellent food, wonderful views and observation deck fireworks in the evening)

Best food options: Le Cellier and Monsieur Paul
-Le Cellier (excellent food, although it is crowded and tables are close together and it can be noisy, which ruins the romantic setting in my opinion).
-Monsieur Paul (recently ate here and had an amazing meal. However, for a quieter and more romantic and intimate dinner, go early before it gets full. It's quite lovely inside and I'm not sure why it isn't liked more)

Best non-signature restaurant: Sanaa (at the Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge...flavors are slightly exotic but very approachable. It's a cute/nice setting and not as formal as the others...and you can check out the nice hotel and the animals on the savanna. If you want more romantic and upscale, Jiko is an excellent option, but it is a signature restaurant.

Best for romantic atmosphere: San Angel Inn (perhaps not quite up to the level of signature dining food, but the meals are still really good, and it is perhaps my favorite restaurant in terms of atmosphere.

StarWarsGirl

California Grill, Le Cellier, and a few others that some have mentioned are two credits. Which is fine if you're willing to pay out of pocket one night.

Some one credit options:
  • Tutto Italia
  • Chefs de France
  • Boma (not sure about the atmosphere, but the food is really good)
  • SciFi (food is good, and setting is in a drive-in theater in a fake car watching old horror movies)
  • La Hacienda, great view, food is good
  • Be Our Guest if you can get it
  • Kona (again, not the greatest atmosphere, but the food is great)
  • The Wave

LizC

California Grill is a great option, so are the restaurants at AKL. However, my husband and I usually end up at Chef's de France. Now that we have kids and get so few "date nights" in WDW, we like to do a restaurant in Epcot so we can have some fun in the park before or after dinner! We want to be kids at Disney too! ;)

Have a great trip!

PHS79

Original Poster
Thanks for the ideas! We almost made the reservations for Chefs de France, we ate there on our last trip and the food was GREAT! But after thinking about it we decided to try someplace new, so I ended up making ADR for San Angel Inn.

Thanks again for the input!!

LizC

Thanks for the ideas! We almost made the reservations for Chefs de France, we ate there on our last trip and the food was GREAT! But after thinking about it we decided to try someplace new, so I ended up making ADR for San Angel Inn.

Another great choice! Plus you will still get to enjoy Epcot!!! :)

DisneyDaver

San Angel Inn is excellent ... my favorite restaurant at EPCOT.

Mrs.Toad

Flying Fish is out of this world. We had dinner for two my last trip, and I could kick myself for never going earlier. We shared a bunch of plates, different things, and everything was great. Sorry, I never had the dining plan, so I don't know if they are on it. Went to a site and for that place, and it said "Some dining plans accepted." Not sure how that works exactly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom