What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

awoogala

Not sure it is even applicable anymore, but has anyone said they will never stay at a resort that has been ruined by having dogs in the rooms?
we can't stay in any rooms that have had animals- huge allergies. We'd have to at least ask if they had any fully allergy free (no animals have stayed in them) rooms. A super cleaned room that hadn't had an animal for months, maybe- but we know super deep cleaning is not a regular thing (things like curtains and furniture) Dander sticks around a long time. Marriott allows animals in some of it's hotels, but they designate some of their rooms as "allergy free" - no animals, foam pillows, no down. I hope Disney is doing the same.

Rescue Ranger

Never say never but from what I've seen, I don't see myself ever staying at Riviera Resort. I will visit it but there is no appeal to me. It's way to big and oversized-boxy looking for my preference. Has no 'character' or anything unique to it. No charm. I prefer the low-rise style of Polynesian, Port Orleans, etc.

Heppenheimer

we can't stay in any rooms that have had animals- huge allergies. We'd have to at least ask if they had any fully allergy free (no animals have stayed in them) rooms. A super cleaned room that hadn't had an animal for months, maybe- but we know super deep cleaning is not a regular thing (things like curtains and furniture) Dander sticks around a long time. Marriott allows animals in some of it's hotels, but they designate some of their rooms as "allergy free" - no animals, foam pillows, no down. I hope Disney is doing the same.
If Disney follows industry practice, hotels will usually only allow pets in certain rooms, and if you don't specifically book a pet room, you won't get one.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I just changed my reservation from Yacht Club to PoP next month for my birthday weekend. I've heard good things, a room opened up, so I figure I will give it a chance. I can always just find a bench outside instead of sitting on the balcony. My entire weekend room cost is now less than 1 night of the Yacht Club. We'll see if I like it!

following up to add, I did not really like it. I checked out early and moved to the Swan. I really have become a hotel snob.:cautious:

kirstenoel

The Grand Floridian. It's just simply too expensive for what you get. If you're paying 5 star prices, you'd better get 5 star amenities. The hotel might be beautiful, but the most expensive hotels in the world don't get away with charging a king's ransom based on their looks alone. They need to offer more services and perks.

I will also never stay at the Value Resorts. My tolerance for being immersed in under-supervised school trip groups is on the low side.

And it hasn't opened yet, but I have zero desire to stay in a fully-immersive Star Wars hotel. Because I'm an adult, mainly.
I love everything about this post!

bennyw01

I would take a pass on Fort Wilderness. I'm not a fan of snakes and alligators in the surrounding areas.

I once stayed at Old Key West, there was pretty much a snake on the doorstep of my room every single day! more than once I stood out straight onto venomous serpents! was bloody horrid. There was a man who that season just had a bucket full of snakes and was just going round scooping them up... for that alone I would never go back! seems to be a location favoured by the snakes.. maybe the grounds of an old swamp they were into/breeding ground.

Schneewittchen

So true with the Boardwalk. I love staying at Epcot resorts but I won’t stay there. Lol
For me it’s Coronado Springs and the Boardwalk. CS reads like a fancy convention center and the Boardwalk clown slide is disturbing 😳

Hahaha. My kids love getting spat out of the scary clown slide!!!

And once I got over the initial creepiness, the Boardwalk pool really grew on me. It's got a really nice carousel themed bar and the scary slide agitates the pool just enough that my drunken butt can grab a floatie and just endlessly follow a clockwise current around the pool. Hours of inebriated amusement....🤪

danitaytay

I'd say for me it'd have to be the Swan/Dolphin. It's exciting to see the changes they're bringing to them, and I love how close they are to DS, but they just don't have enough of a "Disney feel" for me. When I do decide to stay on-site, it's for the magic that comes with staying at the Disney resorts.

NoVa Mom

We have stayed at all of the values.( They are affordable! That is all on that subject.) I have also stayed at the Poly. Loved it. DH wants to stay at Contemporary next. My vote is for the Wilderness Lodge. We shall see.....

Schneewittchen

I'd say for me it'd have to be the Swan/Dolphin. It's exciting to see the changes they're bringing to them, and I love how close they are to DS, but they just don't have enough of a "Disney feel" for me. When I do decide to stay on-site, it's for the magic that comes with staying at the Disney resorts.
I have to agree.

Just got back from a visit over Christmas and we stayed at Swan. The room was fine and the bed was just okay. It was much quieter than most Disney resorts. The pool was actually nice too. And it was great to walk to HS and Epcot. But DH said he just didn't love it the way he loves a Disney resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom